Girl Meets: Where Are They Now?

A/n: It's been a while since the story ended. I recall saying I would write another part about the characters' future, so here it is. I hope you like it :D
Edit: Someone pointed out Smarkle was already engaged last chapter. It's been so long and I completely forgot. I'm so sorry for the mistake. I won't be able to edit it out of this chapter, so I'll have to change the epilogue a bit. Hope you don't mind xx

Riley checked her phone for the tenth time that minute. ''Why are they always late?'' she asked with a sigh. Lucas, who was sat next to her on the picnic blanket, said, ''Love, it's only noon.'' ''So?'' Riley replied, her tone a touch more cold than she'd meant for it to be. She had been stressed out a lot lately, and could sometimes be a bit snippy.

''We said we'd meet here at noon'', Lucas explained. ''They'll be here any minute now.'' He curled his arm around Riley's shoulder, and the brunette leaned into his comforting touch. 

''I'm sorry I've been a bit hard on you lately'', Riley told him. ''It's just-'' she started, but was cut off by Lucas. ''I understand, Riley. It's fine.'' Riley shot him a warm smile, before tearing her eyes away from his.

Lucas had been right. When Riley scanned the park for the millionth time, she finally saw wavy, blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes approaching her. The corners of her mouth stretched into a wide grin.

''Peaches!'' she exclaimed happily upon Maya's arrival. ''Riles, hi!'' the blonde greeted, sharing Riley's enthusiasm. ''Howdy, Ranger Rick'', Maya said, turning to Lucas. ''Always a pleasure seeing you'', Lucas answered, trying to sound sarcastic. The crinkles by his eyes betrayed him, and he hugged the girl.

''Where's your hubby?'' Riley asked curiously. Upon hearing the word ''hubby'', Maya's cheeks immediately turned pink. She and Josh had already been married for three years, but the mention of him still made her weak in the knees.

''He's grabbing the pastries we ordered from Jones' Bakery. Should be here soon'', she explained, looking around. They were surrounded by tall trees and green grass, and families and couples who opted to go for a stroll around Central Park. Nearby, twin girls were playing with a small dog, laughing loudly. Maya's insides warmed at the scene.

''How many months to go?'' Riley asked her, bringing her attention back to the couple in front of her. ''Four'', Maya replied. The three of them simultaneously looked at the small bump underneath Maya's shirt.

''I can't wait to be an aunt!'' Riley said. ''You do realise you won't be the child's actual aunt?'' Lucas asked her. ''Shush, Huckleberry! She'll be the child's aunt no matter what you say'', Maya silenced him.

The three were joined by four others. ''Are we late for the picnic?'' a voice, belonging to no other than Farkle Minkus, asked joyously.

''Never late'', Riley replied warmly, to which Lucas raised an eyebrow. ''That's not what you said a few minutes ago'', he said. Riley shoved him playfully before rising from the ground to greet the newcomers.

''Farkle, Smackle, how are you?'' she asked. The couple chuckled. ''We literally saw you yesterday, Riley'', Smackle said. Riley merely shrugged and turned to Vanessa and Zay.

''I've missed you guys so much'', she told them, hugging them both. After her, Maya and Lucas greeted them. It's been a long time since they saw Vanessa and Zay. They had spent the last two months traveling Europe. And if Lucas and Zay got a bit teary-eyed seeing each other after so long, no one had to know.

''How was your trip?'' Maya asked. ''It was great, really-'' Vanessa began. She then noticed Maya's baby bump. ''Oh my God, you can clearly see the bump now!'' Vanessa exclaimed. ''This is so exciting!''