Chapter Three

Me and Ariel were walking in the crowded mall looking for the Apple Store. I still couldn't stop thinking about the water incidents today, first the water fountain exploded on Jackson when I got angry, second when I fell into the stream it was like I wasn't even wet. Not to mention the fact that the water seemed to be absorbing into me. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Ariel hit me in the back of my head.

"Ow, What the hell was that for."

"We're here."

I looked up to see the all white and silver interior of the Apple store, how did I not notice we were here?

I was standing on my doorstep searching my bag for my house keys when Lydia called,

"Hello?" I answer

"Hey!" Lydia's cheery voice said back, "I was wondering if you could bring over those black wedges that you have? They would go perfect with my outfit tomorrow!"

"Yeah, sure i'll bring them over later ok?"

"Thanks, your the best!"

I hung up the phone and walked into my house, it was strangely quiet. "Delilah?" I called out

"Up here" her voice replied

Delilah was my 14 year old little sister, She had dark brown hair like our father and his shocking blue eyes. She was alot like Lydia if you ask me, her outfit all way had to be perfect, her hair always had to be perfect, everything had to be perfect. Yeah, it gets annoying at times.

I ascended the stairs up to Jeremy's room I noticed he wasn't in there, wonder where he could be. I dug through my closet to try and find my pair of black wedges when I heard a voice come from behind me,

"Looking for these?" I turn around to see Derek holding my wedges, they were black suede peep-toe wedges with a little strap on the top to hold your ankle. Derek tosses them to me and I mutter a thanks. Wait, why is he in my room? I turn to say something but see that my window is wide open and he's gone. That dude is all kinds of weird. Hot too, all kinds of hot. It's actually weird because I don't look at him like you would normally look at a guy that's hot, I guess I just look at him differently because he's been through so much. But I also don't just think he's hot because he has been through so much either.

"What in Holy Hell was that?" I say thinking back to that little conversation I just had with myself in my head. I pause for a second then say, "Holy shit, I'm a fucking philosopher. I need a philosopher name, oooh! Philosajoshifer." (read: Phil-loss-uh-joshifer. If that makes sense)

I grab the shoes and my purse and as I go to open my bedroom door I have this weird urge to jump out the window instead.

"Fuck it." I mutter. I walk towards the window grab the ledge, swing out and land perfectly on my feet. I smile to myself and turn around to walk to my motorcycle. As I start to get on I see Jeremy's car pull up behind me. I let out a loud groan knowing that an interrogation is soon to come.

"Wanna tell me where your going?" He asks getting out of his car. Jeremy takes after our dad like Delilah, he's 6'4 with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes, he dropped his whole life basically to take care of Delilah and Me, he was only 22 when he started taking care of us.

"I'm going to Lydia's to drop off these shoes." I say holding up the wedges. He nods and goes to walk inside but stops when I say,

"Hey, can I go to a party on Friday?" He sighs and I already know the answer, No.

"Leigha, you know how I feel about parties." I groan and get on my motorcycle to leave when he says,

"I'm sorry"