Chapter 2: The Chase

"What are you doing here in Demacia? Last I heard of you, you were in Ionia, under guard." She looked at him with a confused glare, and Valor, her bird, matched it perfectly. Valor just stood upon her shoulder, watching carefully.

"Well I had a little free time," he said behind gritted teeth. He wanted to get out of there, quickly."Now if you excuse me I'd ought to get going..." Suddenly Valor squawked at him, his wings flapping frantically.

"We were just roaming around when Valor started to smell blood, fresh blood."

"Oh no..." Jhin thought to himself, knowing where this was going.

"And it seems our trail has led right back up to you." Her words were commanding, but there was a hint of glee behind them.

"By gods she's enjoying this."

"So I think you better come with us, unless you want to do this the hard way." Both of them stared at Jhin, awaiting his answer.

"Oh I'd love to chat," he started, glancing behind him. He had certain code words with his assistant if they were ever in trouble, and it seemed they proved useful."But I have to run. Good day!" he mused, as the carriage suddenly sprung up, riding away at a very high speed. Jhin finally sat down, sighing to himself.

"This may not be over!" He yelled through the carriage to his assistant, who nodded knowingly of what might come to be. Jhin unloaded Whisper, and added another magical bullet to complete the four he could hold in his gun. Through the carriage window, he stuck his head out, gun at the ready. What he saw though was a bit more frantic than he expected. Quinn was in Valor's claws as he soared through the air, chasing the carriage.

"One!" Jhin fired a shot at Quinn who dodged with ease. Sweat started to drip off his forehead as the situation only got worse. Quinn and Valor were catching up faster and faster, her crossbow hanging by her side.

"Two!" Another shot was fired. This time Jhin predicted where Quinn would move, but she was still too fast. The bullet only grazed her arm, making her yell out in agony. Valor squawked, slowing down, but Quinn still motioned him to move. After a few seconds she was back in focus again, her arm bleeding in the wind.

"Three!" Right before he fired though, the carriage jumped up from a bump in the road, making him completely miss his shot.

"Steady!" he barked, making his assistant squeal out an apology. Snarling, Jhin readied his fourth and last shot, making sure he couldn't miss when-

THUD

Quinn was now on the roof of the carriage, holding tightly to the top.

"Too late!" Jhin yelled, panic in his voice. The carriage veered right at a turn, making Quinn almost fall off. Jhin could now see out the window that were headed right into a town, full of people walking around, conversing with each other. They were heading too fast to stop anytime soon, with the town getting closer and closer. Jhin could hear Quinn and Valor pounding on the roof, trying to break in the moving carriage. His assistant stopped the horses as fast as he could, only to make them tumble and trip, shaking the carriage even more. The door swung open and out Jhin fell, he and his gun toppling away from each other. The cart itself crashed into a wall, thankfully just out of town. Quinn and Valor managed to escape, ascending high into the sky. Jhin hurriedly got up, and ran into the city, trying to blend in with the crowd. On his hands and knees he crawled to a nearby stall, and looked at the entrance, trying to see what all happened. He saw Quinn entering, her crossbow ready in her hands, although her arm was still bleeding. Valor was screeching in the sky, flying over the town in search for the masked criminal.

"Argh!" He cursed, pounding his fist on a wooden box."If only I had my equipment and not just my-" Jhin looked on his personnel, finding that Whisper was nowhere to be found. He knew he had no chance. Valor had his scent and could track him down wherever he tried to hide in the town, and he knew Quinn was not merciful with her crossbow. Jhin only rarely felt so vulnerable in these situations. He usually could get away from these things, but he had no equipment, no assistant, and no way out of here. He was done for.

Sighing, he laid his back against the stall, becoming hopeless. He might as well relax before he was caught. It didn't take long for both Valor and Quinn to be standing over him, looking down at him.

"Take me away," he said wistfully, standing up with his arms raised. Quinn looked slightly confused, but nevertheless she took him by the arms and led him out of the worried town.

On the way to the Demacian capital, Jhin tried more than once to escape, but always getting caught by the sharp talons of Valor. When running away didn't work, he tried using his charisma.

"Quinn," he said, mustering as much allure as he could."I'm not your responsibility. You could be saving time by just handing me back to Ionia."

"Nonsense," she said."You committed a crime in this country, meaning Demacia has full rule over you. There's no escaping this Khada."

"Don't call me that," he muttered, staring down at the ground. He hated when authorities toyed with his first name. He only let people call him that when he gave them permission. In this case, he did not.

"I'll call you whatever I want," she said, with a slight grin. As brutal as she was, Jhin could sense a kind of child in her, giddy with herself.

"Anyways..." Jhin said without interest."I didn't commit any crime. You have no proof against me, only that you smelled blood on me. Does it look like I have any blood?" He turned to Quinn, arms outstretched, praying that he still didn't have any visible traces. To his delight, Quinn stayed silent, and pushed him forward to continue walking.

"Visible or not you have blood on you, so this will be taken to court no matter the situation." Jhin smiled at her words, knowing that he may have found a loophole.

"But there is still no proof of my crime," he said."Will the court want to look into a case that has no evidence and is clearly the business of Ionia?" That made Quinn stop in her tracks, and shoot a glare at Jhin. She studied his face, thinking about what he said.

After a few minutes of just silence, Quinn said,"Well... " It wasn't until Valor pecked her cheek that she shook her head in defiance."No. You're not getting away Jhin, stop trying to talk your way out."

"Just so you know..."Jhin started.

"Shut it!" Quinn snapped, her teeth gritted.

"I was just going to say that I'm unarmed."

"Wait, you are? But you had a gun on the carriage!" Quinn swiftly stopped again, and inspected Jhin once more. His torso, his hips, his legs, anywhere that might conceal a weapon.

"So let me run it back to you. You have a prisoner that is accused of a crime, who has no weapon on him and no cause what so ever, and your only evidence was that he had traces of blood on him?" He paused and let the words sink in. She bit her lip hesitantly, thinking over what Jhin said.

"No," she finally decided.

"No?' Jhin questioned. Honestly he wasn't expecting that response.

"I don't care whether this lines up or not, or if this is a complete waste of time; you're coming to the capital with me and we'll see what they think." Valor squawked approvingly, looking at Jhin with what seemed to be a smirk.

"Well-"

"And you better not talk anymore or I'll put arrow through that shoulder of yours." She held up her golden crossbow, and pointed it at Jhin. He simply nodded at the statement, knowing he couldn't escape a trial.