Chapter 5: Reunion

"If you're going to be upset, do it somewhere else." After he had eaten his lunch, Quinn stood outside, pacing, while muttering to herself. She had been there for a full hour know, just thinking to herself. When she didn't respond, Jhin clicked his tongue.

"I'm serious Quinn. Do you pay this much attention to your prisoners?" Suddenly she stopped, staring at the ground.

"You've only been caught once, as far as we know. Now that we have you in our clutches," she intertwined her hands together."We can't just let you go." After that, Quinn left Jhin alone, where once again, he thought. This time he was left much longer than usual. It was nice to have silence for such a long period of time, with no guard, no Quinn, and no Sona to deal with. Everything was tranquil, and it was like that until dinner, when Jhin was given the same meal as before. He expected to Quinn come back after dinner, or some guard to escort him down the endless corridors, but no one came. He sat there longer and longer, the hours dragging by as he ran out of ideas to think of. Finally, when what he guessed was midnight, there was a knock on his door. Jhin was under his covers on his bed trying to sleep when it happened. The knock was soft and quiet, as if it were suppose to be hidden. Jhin slowly got up and walked over the metal door, putting his ear on it to listen. Another knock came, even quieter, and the peephole slid open. On the other side was the pale, soft face of Sona Buvelle.

"Sona?" he hissed quietly, confused of why she was here. She let out a scared whimper, he hand shaking with what looked to be a key. As she inserted the key, Jhin raised his eyebrow. This wasn't exactly what he was going for when he asked Sona to help him out. He imagined her helping him during the trial, or to tell Jarvan or Quinn to let him go, but this worked too. The door swung open, revealing Sona in a long blue nightgown. Jhin stepped out of his cell, feeling a cool breeze echo through the hallways. He looked left then right, seeing no living soul in sight."Where are the guards?" He whispered to her, still looking for anyone that may be hiding. She pointed down the left, down a hallway that was opposite to the door. He could slightly hear voices, cheerfully talking to each other. Jhin stared toward the voices, expecting someone to come walking this way. Sona nudged his shoulder, causing him to look back at her. She had a stack of clothes with a comb on top, which she offered to him. He took the clothes, eyeing them curiously.

"Go," She mouthed, although her mouth seemed disfigured as she "spoke". Jhin wanted to hug her, or help her, or show some sort of thanks to her, but all he did was run. He ran like it was no tomorrow. His footsteps were muffled by his socks, as he made his way through the maze of the Capitol. When he reached the front door, he slowly opened it, peering outside. Everything was quiet, with only a few people and guards roaming around. Jhin slipped outside, hiding his best in the shadows. He needed a place where he could change, so that he could blend in with the other citizens. He sprinted towards the big wall that surrounded the city, which ran behind people's houses. Walking along it, he found a row of houses, which back's were covered in darkness. With speed and grace he slipped the shirt and pants onto his already existing ones. When he had them on and was combing his hair, he realized that the clothes looked expensive. They were dark purple with gold lace linings, made of the softest silk . He admired himself, or at least what he thought himself to look like, and sighed. Now was the make or break moment. Still sticking to the shadows, Jhin walked onto the stone path, passing citizens taking a nightly stroll. After walking for a bit, his nerves started to calm down. He realized how beautiful everything looked at night, the stars shining above, and the few lanterns shimmering light down on the ponds. The people walking were dressed in neutral pinks and purples, similar to his outfit. Jhin also noticed an abundance of carriages and carts running around, some leaving the city walls and some not.

"I need to get past those walls," he thought to himself, as he rested his back against a pillar. He recalled seeing many guards around the entrance, as they guarded the gates very closely. He would need an I.D of sorts, so they know that he wasn't some stranger. Jhin saw a line of carts, waiting their turn to leave the city. He walked up to one, with a man driving it, and luggage piling up on top.