Chapter 3: Paparazzi

It wasn't before long until they reached the capital of Demacia, and what a sight it was. Tall, magnificent, white walls were towering high, surrounding it's city, with the symbol of Demacia carved in stone on the front. Jhin could see just over the wall was the main building, all white and glimmering in the early sunlight.

"Can't remember the last time I saw your architecture," Jhin commented, seeing that they were approaching guards at the front gate.

"Yeah, and it's about to be your last." As soon as they came to the armour-dawned guards, they instantly saluted Quinn and Valor, as they did back.

"Soldiers," Quinn said in a tall voice.

"Major," they harmonized back.

"I have a prisoner here; Khada Jhin." Jhin saw the guards faces slightly shift as they both glanced at him. As disciplined as the guards were, the name obviously stirred something in them.

"I want him brought to the capitol fully guarded, with a cell at the ready. Inform the council and King of him, and set a meeting here tomorrow." It was surprising to Jhin to hear Quinn in such a commanding and superficial tone, although he guess everyone in the military had it.

The two guards nodded, and went trotting into the city, two other guards replacing their spots. It wasn't one minute later until several full armoured guards were surrounding Jhin, taking nervous glances at him. Now he was actually put into handcuffs, which dug deep into his skin. The guards showed no mercy to him, as they were well aware of his cynical past. With Quinn in front, Jhin and the other guards started walking forward, now entering the dazzling plaza. People dressed in white, silver, and gold, walked around multiple gardens and fountains, conversing with one another. There was a small market place in the left part of the plaza, where citizens were buying fresh and vibrant fruits and vegetables. As they walked, heading to the capitol building, they started drawing attention from the civilians. Hushed whispers were being passed, making a hazed sound throughout the plaza. The guards pushed away some people trying to get a closer look, only causing more suspicion.

Soon Jhin could hear the words,"Golden Demon," and,"Ionian Terror," being tossed around, making him smirk in delight.

"So they know of me."

"Jhin!" He and a few guards turned to look at a young man with short black hair, staring wide-eyed at the circle of guards."I'm a huge fan!" Jhin saw a few people swat at him or curse him for his behavior, but it only made him smile.

"Delightful!" Jhin called from the circle of guards, making them poke at him with their spears. Now everyone was calling out to Jhin, some yelling questions of curiosity while others yelled curses of profanity at him.

"Everyone!" Quinn shouted at the crowd, making the noise die down a little."There is nothing to see here, PLEASE move along!" Of course, no one in the crowd seemed to answer to her command. Still, the group continued until they made it to the steps of the capitol building. A guard rushed up to Quinn, whispered in her ear, then returned to his business. Quinn poked her head through the guards and looked at Jhin."They're still setting up your cell, so we have a few minutes to spare."

"Does that mean I can change into something?" Jhin's black and white suit he wore to the party was now torn up, the sleeves ripped and the buttons pulled apart. He was also sweating profusely, as walking so much from dusk till dawn put a beating on him. His tie was loosened a great deal, and his hair was matted with dirt and other rubble from his fall. Not to mention all of the pecking from Valor.

"Soon enough," Quinn said, now noticing his dirty figure."In the mean while," she said with a sly smile that made Jhin slightly worried."Why don't we let a few people ask him some questions..." The guards looked at Quinn with a little confusion, but grew the circle wider for people to actually see Jhin. It was like a whole bunch of news reporters, raising their hands for questions and comments.

"You there," Jhin said, pointing to a man close to the circle."I could get use to this."

"So uh, um, uh," the man stuttered."Where's the scar on your eye?" A few people yelled in approval as if they had the same question.

Jhin sighed heavily as if annoyed."I don't have a scar on my eye. Where did you ever hear such a thing?"

"Well when you take off your mask, your face is covered by a black skin suit, with only one eye showing, so something must have happened to your eye," the man replied in a matter of fact manner.

"Where's the challenge in seeing with both eyes?" Jhin said smoothly."I like to cover one eye for the challenge of the performance." A few other people started yelling and raising their hands again, which Jhin pointed to a large woman in the back.

"Where ya's mask!" she yelled in a drawl. Again, people started yelling, wanting to know the same thing.

"Enough with the insufferable questions! If I had my mask I'd be wearing it, so I obviously don't have it!"

"One last question!" Quinn shouted out with a grin, as if she was having fun herself.

"You," Jhin said, looking at a tall, tedious man.

"Do you have a robotic arm?" It took Jhin a moment to remember that his gun was not strapped on to him, as he instinctively tried to pull it out. These questions were annoying him and he wanted them to stop. Instead of continuing to think murderous thoughts, Jhin looked at the man and smiled. He took both of his suit sleeves and pulled them up, showing only flesh and bone under them.

"No," he said, lowering his arms and pulling down the sleeves."I do not." As soon as he did he was pushed forward, as the grand doors to the building spread wide open. The crowd was pushed away as they entered the lavish building, leaving the chaos outside.