2|Creepy Friends

DISCLAIMER: Everything belongs to Rick Riordan and Stephanie Meyer. I own nothing.

A/N: I have this headcanon that every summer after the first war, the seven all go on vacation together, and that they vote on where they go, and that Percy always votes to go to the beach.

_______________________________

"...MISSING YOU SO much, but I should be able to leave in a few days," Percy was saying to Annabeth. She had Iris Messaged him half an hour ago, using up lots of drachmas as their conversation just kept flowing. Percy wasn't only her boyfriend; he was her best friend, and had been since they were twelve.

"Of course, none of this would've happened if that stupid new kid had just listened to us," mumbled a familiar voice in the background.

"Is that Nico?" asked Annabeth. Percy glanced to the side.

"Yeah," he answered. "Say hi, Nico."

"I'm good." Percy rolled his eyes as Annabeth laughed.

"Neeks has been in a bad mood ever since that new camper destroyed nearly half the camp," Percy said. This was the mess that had delayed Percy's arrival in Forks.

"He demolished the Hades cabin!" exclaimed Nico indignantly, who had gotten out of his shell a bit more lately after becoming friends with Will Solace from Apollo cabin. "And that idiotic son of Ares didn't get in nearly as much trouble as he deserved!"

"Lay off him, man, it was an accident," said Percy, still talking off-screen—mist?—whatever. Nico kept on grumbling about his old cabin and the new kid as Percy and Annabeth talked.

"Just promise you'll be careful, Annabeth," said Percy. "Stay alive 'till I get there."

"Gods, Percy," muttered Annabeth. "You make it sound like I'm a defenseless puppy."

"I just don't want anything to happen to you," defended Percy. "Can't a boyfriend be concerned every once and awhile?"

"I'm a big girl, Percy," said Annabeth, barely concealing a grin. She knew that Percy just cared about her. "Nico, are you still grumbling?"

"Yeah, because, in case you didn't hear, someone blew up my cabin!"

"Oh, shut up," said Percy playfully. Nico kept on mumbling and saying rude things about Ares and his kids and new campers. "Nico, don't make me come over there and give you a hug," threatened Percy. That shut him up.

"Annabeth! Come eat!" shouted Bella from downstairs. Annabeth sighed.

"Alright!" she called back. Then she turned to Percy. "I've got to go. See you soon."

  "'Bye, Wise Girl," said Percy, grinning. "I love you."

"Love you, too, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth swiped her hand over the Iris Message, and the connection dissipated. She trudged down the stairs and into the kitchen, passing the living room where she could see Charlie watching the pregame. Bella was waiting for her by the kitchen table.

"Can you set the table while I finish up the lasagna?" asked Bella. Annabeth nodded and went to retrieve the dishes from the cupboard by the fridge. "And make sure you set it up for three. Charlie's friend, Billy, and his son, Jacob are coming over. Billy will eat in the den with Charlie, but Jacob doesn't really care about the game; he'll eat with us."

Just as Annabeth finished putting out the plates and salad ingredients, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it," said Annabeth, as Bella was still cooking. She walked into the entryway and opened the front door, to be greeted by the sight of an middle-aged man in a wheelchair. His hair was dark, the same color as his eyes, and he seemed a bit surprised to see Annabeth.