5|Upset

DISCLAIMER: Everything belongs to Rick Riordan and Stephanie Meyer. I own nothing.

A/N: Sorry for the wait. I could swear I published this last night.
_______________________________

"THAT... THAT... UGH!" shouted Annabeth, apparently not finding a word bad enough to describe Jacob. "The nerve of him, kissing me. I should've done something worse than punch him!"

  Bella sighed. Annabeth had been ranting the entire way back home from La Push.

  Bella had been sitting in Jacob's living room, watching a semi-interesting talk show on television. Annabeth and Jacob were taking awhile, which she took as a good sign; though, if they didn't wrap up their walk soon, she'd either have to interrupt the two of them or leave Annabeth here.

She had nearly fallen off of the tiny sofa when her step cousin busted the front door open with a loud bang! Annabeth had jerked Bella's jacket off of a kitchen chair and began searching for the keys. "What are you doing?" Bella had asked, bewildered. "Annabeth, what's wrong?"

     "Ask—your—stupid—friend," she had hissed, accentuating each word, before stomping out of the house. Oh, no, Bella had thought. What has Jake gone and done now?

     She ran after Annabeth, finding her getting into the driver's seat of her truck. Bella jumped in just as the engine roared to life.

"Annabeth, calm down," Bella groaned, coming back to the present. "He only kissed you." That was the wrong thing to say.

"That's a total violation of... of me!" Annabeth sighed. "I just—I'm just really mad, because I told him, I told him that I had a boyfriend, and then he decides to try and make me give him a chance. Not likely! I am in a very happy relationship and not looking to leave it behind to be with some total weirdo who thinks he can force himself upon me." Bella was a hit surprised at Annabeth's outbursts. She was always very level-headed, never one to overreact, which is exactly what this was. Then again, Bella wasn't so sure that she wouldn't have done the same thing if she had been in Annabeth's position...

NICE GOING, JACOB heard Leah, one of the newest members of his pack (and the first and only female ever) think. Sam Uley, the leader of the Quileute werewolf pack, had called a meeting, and Jacob had shifted and joined them reluctantly. He hadn't been looking forward to having the entire pack witness his imprint punching him, and had tried (unsuccessfully, I might add) to keep it in the very back of his mind.

Wow, thought Embry. Bad luck, man. Although, I can understand why she might have wanted to hit you.

It's a bit strange, though, thought Seth. How could she punch Jake without getting hurt? That should've at least sprained her wrist.

Maybe Jacob's not as tough as we thought, Paul leered.

Please, thought Leah, we all know he's a huge softy.

Shut up, Jacob told them, growling.

Ooh, someone's in a bad mood, Leah taunted.