Help arrives

It had been two days since Gawain and Lancelot had gone off to fight the dragon. Sonic was getting restless. He didn't eat, he couldn't sleep, he was still sick, and to top it all off he had to carry out kingly duties. "Sire you must get up and do the paperwork" Caliburn said leaned against a corner. Sonic felt even worse than he did the last two days. Percival came to check on him once in a while to see if he was ok before leaving.

Sonic had grown stronger feelings for her but he couldn't tell her that because he was afraid. In fact he was more afraid of her not feeling the same way for him than he was when he fought any villain put together. He forced himself to get up and he sluggishly walked over to the table.

He sat down at his desk and finished writing on the same paper he started the day prior. Percival came in with a plate of eggs and bread. "Sire I have brought you breakfast" she said bowing. He didn't say anything instead pointing toward another table in his room. She set the bowl down next to the bowls she brought him for dinner, lunch, and breakfast yesterday and non of them were touched.

Sonic looked a lot different. His eyes were puffy  he looked about ready to pass out. He had lost a lot of weight from not eating much and he never spoke much. "Percival I'm sending you after them." Said sonic. "But sire what if there is an attack?" "You just leave that to me" he said cheekily before starting to cough hoarsely. She bowed saying "fare thee well I shall leave as soon as possible." She then left the room and he resumed writing. "Sire you really should eat something you are thinning." Said Caliburn. Sonic ignored him and simply continued writing.

Percival was putting on her armor while thinking about the king.

"He doesn't look good if I don't return soon he might..."

She finished putting on her armor and left for the retrieval mission but not before noticing a few tears had fallen down her face.

Sonic had finished his paperwork and decided unwilling to pass out on his desk. Suddenly there was a loud boom that startled him awake.
He quickly grabbed Caliburn whom was also napping.

"Sire what's the issue?"

"I don't know Caliburn but we're going to find out."

The reached the outside of the kings room before sonic started to feel queasy.

"Sire are you alright?"

"I'll be fine."

They reached where the noise originated and found Merlina sending dozens of knights from the underworld to storm the castle. Sonic sighed before rushing to fight the Knights.

"Sire you mustn't be so reckless." Said Caliburn as Sonic almost got hit in the head.

Sonic ignored him instead dodging another three attacks. He was a little bit slower due to his illness and this was just enough so one of the knights stabbed him in the stomach.

Sonic looked down at his stomach and the back at the knight before coughing up blood. The knight tossed him aside before approaching him again but this time he didn't make it as Percival thrust her sword into the knights temples. Lancelot and Gawain took care of the other underworld beings while Percival tended to sonic.

She gave him the antidote and then applied pressure to his wound. Tears began to once again fall from her face but aside from the quiet sobbing it wasn't apparent due to her visor. The three of them took him inside at lightning speeds and had his wound bandaged.
He had then passed out from the pain.

"I must go and retrieve his sword." Said Lancelot.

"And I must..." no one heard the rest of Gawain's sentence as he was already gone.

Percival was left to carry a very badly injured Sonic back to his room.

"Sonic why'd you go and do that?"
Said Percival.

Because it's my job Sonic said weakly with his eyes still closed.

She took one final look at him and left.
On her way back to her room she remembered,
Tomorrow is the kings crowning and there will be a huge ball. She had figured out her feelings while saving the other two and decided to tell him tomorrow.