If i could only tell you

Sonic was just informed of the royal ball and was already scared as 1. He couldn't dance and 2. It was said he had to dance with one maiden at the very least. He had basically demanded himself to dance with Percival. He knew he loved her and hoped she felt the same way.

The royal dressers (No Not Those Dressers) had made a red cape that attached to golden shoulder armor on either shoulder. He also had a crown that sat on his brow ridge. He was finally ready for the ball but he wondered how Percival was doing...

Percival was trying to find a dress. She didn't have any people to help her so she had to look on her own. She had finally found a white dress she didn't want to be seen as the knight who danced with the king so she had to come up with a name. She thought long and hard before looking over at a picture on her wall. It was a picture of her and her mom back when she was still alive. Then blaze had a thought...her moms name was Civilan. She basically ran to the other knights begging them to cover for her as return for saving them from that dragon.

Sonic sat in his throne on the wall of the ballroom. He noticed there were only two of his knights. He asked Lancelot where Percival was but he simply responded.

"She was sick tonight."

He looked back in front of him as it was time to choose a maiden to dance with. He was bored of the first few hundred until a certain cat came up to him. She bowed before saying.

"Greetings King I am Civilan. I wish to dance with you but have nothing to give in return."

She quickly stood up and walked away but before she did she noticed sonic did something with his eye like he knew something. After Sonic was done browsing the maidens he had to choose one. He looked around before finally spotting the cat in the large crowd.

"I choose Civilan. Sonic said."

She slowly walked up to him as the other women sighed in sadness she was finally in front of the king and he held his hand out. She took it and danced the slow song with him. He kept tripping over his feet and he didn't know what to do with his hands so she helped him out. She put his left hand on her hip and his right in her outstretched hand she then motioned for him to mimic her feet. After the song was over he said.

"You are a really nice dancer...Percival."

He said the last part almost inaudibly but just loud enough that she could hear him. She blushed at his comment before going to sit down. After that the ball concluded normally.

"Now we will be crowning Sonic King."

The pope came and placed the crown upon his head and he stood before his people...except one? Percival! She was no where to be seen.

"She probably just went back to her room." Thought Sonic

Unbeknownst to Sonic Merlina was in the audience cloaked. Suddenly she threw the cloak of and threw a spear at Sonic. He saw it and tried to move away but it hit his wrist and cut off his right hand. He grabbed his wrist and screamed in pain.

"After her!!!" Sonic yelled to Lancelot, Gawain, and now Percival.

As he was taken to the medical room to dress his wound the other three knights were in close pursuit of merlina. She stopped suddenly startling the knights causing them to stop. She then released a purple mist taking over their minds. The last thing Percival thought of was Sonic and how she never told him...

I love you...