AFTER JEROME, TOO

After Jerome 2: Freshie, but not so Freshy

I am telling the truth! Wait, I think I'm lying. Sh it! Am I?

---

If I can just learn the lyrics of this song, I would have screamed them aloud. If not, just tape my voice on record and send it to them.

There are times that I almost believe them. There are times that I think I am really the person they think I am. It hurts me to learn that they only see the bad side of me. Every word that comes of my mouth, may it be positive or what, it can easily be understood as rebellion. I tried to talk to them but they'll just scream and think that I am disrespecting them. It's just so tiring. I know I would do anything for them but it seems they won't do the same.

Some of you may say, "They're your parents, you should respect them. Remember that it's part of the commandments." The he ll of it. I love them and I respect them. I would drop all the things at hand if it would let me rescue them.

All of these things were on my mind when my friend poked me and pointed at the man who just entered the school canteen.

Of course, with my curiosity, I looked back and saw who he was referring to.

And as if someone threw cold water at me, the images of our "little moments" one by one popped on my head.

What is he doing here?

"Wait. Ken, why are you touching your lips? And, are you blushing?" my friend, stared at me knowingly.

Sh it. Don't you dare tell this guy the truth Kenneth, I told myself. He's been my friend since first year. He knows all my secret, even my sexuality, except for this one.

I just don't see the need why I should tell him what had happened between that Lance and me.

"No, I am not!" I strongly denied, too strong that he may not believe what I just said.

As if on instinct, I looked at Lance again to see if he is still near from me but to my dismay, he wasn't there.

I looked around and saw him sitting with his friends.

It seemed that he was really having fun. He even moved his hands as if he was telling them something incredible that "talking" is not enough.

I heard my friend talking but I just ignored him. I can't miss this moment. It's just too lovely to not see his laugh. He's too beautiful. He's like a pearl mixed with pebbles. He's too perfect. I believe, at that time, I started to be addicted. Addicted to him. To that moment. To that feeling.

I was too drowned fantasizing about him that I didn't notice that he was also looking back at me.

He smiled. Winked at me. And waved.

Sh it. I think I am in love.

Was I wrong if I feel that way? Was it too fast?

No one has given me this kind of attention and it made me feel so special.

It's like the feeling after my recital. It was out of this world. Things that will make you probably say, finally!

"Ken, hey, Earth to Keeen!" I came back to my senses when I felt someone shaking my shoulders.

It was just my friend. He keeps on pestering me that I should have listened to him. He keeps on saying how unlucky I was to miss his stories.

With his remarks, I just smiled. I was too drowned with Lance's being to think about anything.

---

It was thirty minutes before our homeroom class when I reached our classroom. As I was walking towards my seat, I felt all the stares of my classmates are focused on me. Though it made me shiver, for I don't know reason, I just continued walking until I reached my place.

Surprisingly, a red rose alongside with a chocolate was lying on my desk. I looked around the room to see if the owner of this rose was just around.

The whole class was teasing me about the rose and chocolates saying how lucky I was to have an admirer. At first, I didn't really bother about it. I mean, who would dare to send a guy like me some flowers? It may not be for me.

However, when I was about to put it back on my seat, I noticed that there was a note hiding underneath the pack of chocolate.

"For you, my princess. - J"

J? Who the he ck are you? I looked at my classmates whose name starts with J. I stared at Jaime and at Julius but they are all busy with their own businesses.

On the afternoon of the same day, I was about to go home alone since my so-called friend left me when he was called by his crush and org mate. I just wondered if I, too, will have connection with my crush - es.

I was only three steps away from the school gate when a motorcycle almost hit me. The beat of my heart has gone wild as if I ran around the whole oval of our school non-stop.

It was beating so loud it actually literally hurts. I believe it was because these reasons; I almost got hurt by the driver of the bike, second, the driver was someone I know - - - Lance, and third, Lance is riding his bike with the most beautiful girl I know in our campus. Fourth, she was hugging him too close that her chests rubs on Lance's back.

I know I shouldn't feel this way but it felt like the girl stared at me and smiled as if she was taunting me. It confused me for a second.

I don't know the reason why she gave me that kind of smile. I tried to look for Lance's reaction but he just ignored me. Or maybe he just didn't recognized that it was me since they were moving.

I was about to call for his name but he has gone with that girl already.

I punched myself mentally.

For sure he was not interested at me.

For sure he was just kidding when he said those words to me.

For sure he and that girl are a couple now.

But, what about those stares?

And the kiss?

I know it was magical, well, at least for me.

I now doubt that it was magical too for him.

Dang it.

I am such a fool.