after him. End. breathes out

All of the things that had happened were planned! Nothing was true. It was all just a lie.

---

I was distressed that afternoon, thinking what I had done wrong for him to ignore me. I was busy asking myself the things Lance and that girl would probably be doing right at the moment.

I shook my head when I got my answers in form of mental images. I won't imagine them doing things that I should be doing with him.

I know we don't have concrete status but we have exchanged 'I love you's.' Aren't those enough?

Maybe it was wrong for me to love again especially when Jerome had just left out of my life.

But--- could you blame me? I was so lonely that I grabbed whatever that could make me happy.

Isn't that enough reason to love again?

I kept walking pondering where did I go wrong. We had months of happy days but why did that happen? Was I not enough? Do I need to change my gender for him to love me again?

I didn't know I reached the park at that time. I sat on one of the benches and fished my phone out of my pocket to call him. After so many attempts, he answered.

I was so glad that I jolted out of my seat.

However, he immediately turned it down. I tried to call for him again but he was already unavailable.

I looked at the people around me. Darn, why did I choose this place? Of all things, I chose the place where lovers would meet. Ah, yes, I was hoping I would see them here.

Out of the blue, someone walked near me, and gave me a handkerchief. "Kuya, a man told me to give you this." the child said.

I asked him who was that man so he pointed in some direction in the playground but only the playing children were there.

"It's true. I am not lying. He even paid me to entertain you because he said he doesn't want to see you crying," then he started singing.

I didn't know if I should be 'creeped out' at that time but the boy's voice was just so amazing that I didn't care at all.

I felt someone was watching over us so I glanced at my right and saw someone who looked familiar.

"Lance?"

The boy stopped singing and asked me what it was.

"I think I just saw someone I know."

"Lance?"

I nodded.

"Strange. I just remembered that man asked me to call him kuya Jerome."

I looked at him. Pinched his cheeks and smiled. "Thank you even though that person is already dead."

After that day, on a post in social media, I read that Lance has transferred to another school.

On a different post, the girl that I saw with him was said to be found lynched at her own room.

There were speculations on the comment section that it was because of Lance but they didn't have evidence to put him in jail.

Those things were too hard for me to handle. First was Jerome and now Lance? What curse do I have to suffer from all of this?

I only got the answers after the first night I shared with Jemini.

It was all his idea.

He was so jealous of Jerome and Lance that they threatened the both of them so that they would leave me.