Breathing? YES. Living? no

Darkness. It was all Kenneth could see after he gained consciousness, something blocked his eyes. He tried to move his arms but it was unfortunately tied up to something. He moved his legs but like his arms, they were also restrained.

'Where am I?' He asked himself. He tried to recall his memories: He had just attended to a party. He went outside to smoke then he was bumped by a car. He could remember only those things so far.

"Hello!?" Good thing my mouth isn't blocked, he thought to himself.

"Can somebody hear me? Help! Please get me out of here!" Like a mantra, Kenneth persisted on repeating this line but no one rescued him.

He tried to feel his surroundings. He was lying on something soft. Must be a bed.

He sniffed around.  It was surprisingly drowned in a flowery fragrant.

Hours passed and he is still tied up on a bed when he heard a door creak. "Who are you? Please! Let me go!"

Whoever was there did not even budge to help him.

Then, he heard footsteps. Every step got louder as if it was approaching towards him.

Then, he felt something touched--- no, he felt something caressed his face. "Who are you? Why are you doing this to me? Please let me go!!!"

He felt tears coming out of his tightly closed eyes. Emotions started to mix up all throughout his system. Fear. Anxiousness. Even anger.

"I missed you," he heard the man say. Surprisingly, his sobs stopped. Somehow, his nerves calmed down. This man. This man's voice. It's too familiar. He thought of the name again but it's too impossible. Jerome can't be this person.

He was starting to be calm when he felt hands touching his body. It was caressing him. The hands was touching every part of his body as if it looks for something precious. The bed suddenly moved. The man was on the bed! Over him! Then, he heard snipping sounds.

No! Not my clothes! He tried to shout those words but it was hindered when he felt someone was kissing him.

He tried to fight against the man but surprisingly, his body was liking whatever the man was doing. In a flash, he was naked. He felt something touching his manhood. The man who was kissing him left and kissed other parts of him that is down under.

Now is the time where he truly struggled! Kenneth kept shouting curse words towards the man but it sounded as if he was enjoying it. So, he just shouted at the man to release him.

He moved his head near his tied hands trying to untie the rope. He wiggled his body as fast as he could to stop the man from doing that thing on his body. As he struggled, the cloth that blinded him was slightly disarrayed which made him able to see the man over him.

No doubt. This man is just so familiar.

This was the man at the stag party.

This was the man who bumped him with his car.

This was the man who carried him when he was unable to walk because of liquor.

This was the man who made it impossible for him and Lance to be together.

This man, this man is Jerome's brother; Jemini.

-)(-

He remembered everything as if he himself was on a flashback. He came home that night with a broken--- no, he came home with a shattered heart. He thought Jerome would meet him on that same old tree but even a shadow did not come.

Like his daily routine, before he go to sleep, he would browse his newsfeed on a social media. He went to pages that he thought would make him happy. Some pages were funny, yes, but not enough to make him happy.

As minutes passed by, everything felt like it was dragging that he decided to just go to sleep but, alas! A horrifying post left him awake at that night.

He shivered. Not because of the cold hug that the night breeze was giving but the post was saying something nearly impossible! He was just texting with him last night! The post can't be real! He haven't even properly profess to him. Not now! Not now that he already gained all his courage even though he may be rejected. This is all wrong! This can't be real!

He went to the comment section to express his rant, asked the owner to take the post down. The send button was just a click away but as he read all the condolences to the bereaved family, he finally broke down.

Nobody knows what happened except the police and Jerome's family. Nothing has been said to the media or to any person outside the family, not even their closest family friends.

But one thing that he is sure about? He knows that his best friend, his confidant, his savior, his love has permanently left him.

-)(-

"J-Jemini? Why? Why are you doing this?" he managed to ask while he was struggling to be away from this man.

However, instead of giving an answer the man seemed surprise. He turned his head on a slight angle the same way when he has been asked by a rhetorical question.

Jemini brushed his hair up with his hands, revealing his forehead and looked deeply to Kenneth's eyes.

"Because I love you. It has been so long but now I have again found you," he said with a very gentle smile. A smile that could make a person fall in love only if it was not from him.

"Love? You call this love? You pushed Jerome and Lance away from me! You are forcing yourself on me! You made me miserable!"

"What? No. I saved you from being miserable." Jemini said back, emphasizing every word. "Lance would have hurt you. He would have cheated on you. In fact, you should thank me for saving you away from him!

But I, I love you! I would never hurt you. So, just shut up and let me make love to you."

---

I don't know how many hours it took but it was a shi t. Pure shi t.

I know I'm a man and I should not be acting this way but you won't know how shi t I am feeling right now unless you have experienced it yourself.

I screamed.

I screamed for help.

I thought someone would hear my cries but no, no one. No one heard me. No one saved me.

Now, I am lying here with him.

Lying with the man who trashed me.

Lying with the man who confessed all the lies to me.

What did I do to deserve this?

Am I a fool for asking for a normal life?

Why am I such a fool?