Day 9

(Y/N) woke with a fever and a terrible cough, which racked her body every time she tried to breathe. She also had a headache that pounded behind her forehead whenever she moved. After a little poking around (Y/N) and the internet, Jamie decided that she was...

"Sick. Love, you must stay in bed today. You've caught something horrendous, and it's not right for you to be up and about." (Y/N) waved him off, staggering into the kitchen. He followed closely at her heels.

"I'm fine. Seriously." She wobbled as she grabbed the milk, and after placing it on the counter, she started coughing. Again. She put her arm over her mouth and coughed for almost a minute. After she was done, Jamie grabbed both of her hands so she couldn't touch anything else.

"Hon, that isn't fine. You're clearly not well." He bent over and kissed (Y/N)'s forehead softly. "Love, lay down. Over there." He pointed to the couch, but when (Y/N) didn't move, he sighed and lead her over there himself. He brought over a blanket and put it on her, also propping up one of the throw pillows under her head. He turned to leave, but (Y/N) spoke.

"Mark would've let me stay up." Jamie froze in his tracks. He turned to look at (Y/N), but she was already asleep. He looked down at the ground a moment, before walking into the kitchen.

"You know Love, I think that if he's as good a friend as you make him out to be, he wouldn't have." Jamie started the stove, and then started putting ingredients in a pot. "Come to think of it, staying up all night talking to him might've caused her sickness." After all the soup ingredients were put in, Jamie glanced at the bedroom. "Should I tell him that she won't be there to speak?" As if the world had read is mind, Jamie heard a faint *ding* from their bedroom. He quickly looked at (Y/N), but she didn't stir.

He walked into their bedroom, and took her computer. "Isn't he in another time zone? How is he able to talk to her at all hours?" Jamie shrugged, and was about to answer the message, when he looked through the bedroom door. (Y/N) was out of view, but the soup on the stove clearly needed his attention. He looked back and forth between her computer and the stove, before pressing the mute button. Then, he walked back into the kitchen.

==========

markimoo: yo

...

markimoo: hello?

markimoo: (Y/N)?

...

markimoo: you there?

...

markimoo: haha I can spam you if you really want!

...

...

...

markimoo: um...? are you gone or something?

...

markimoo: i guess that's it.

...

...

...

markimoo: ...bye (Y/N)