Chapter One

Liam was on borrowed time, he had only so long before people and more importantly, his father, figured out that he wasn't in him home in Turin, Italy and was actually in London. Liam had been planning his move for years now, making sure that everything he needed to run his family the way he wanted to without his father's influence was in place and ready to be moved on, and now it was time.

Everything was ready.

He was going to rule it all.

Even if he was having his meeting in secret, he still made sure to cover his bases and he already had a story in place as to why he was here in the first place. Liam wasn't new to this game, and he also knew his father would see straight through whatever fabrication that he came up with. But he wasn't going to miss the opportunity to meet with the other families and push for his father's removal.

The other families had seen that Enzo was slipping, his men were getting sloppy when sent on jobs, and shipments always came in light. They had also noticed that his mind wasn't what it used to be, he wasn't forgetting things, Enzo was becoming more sadistic than he normally was, and it was something that was starting to worry a lot of them.

The reason the Mafia had stayed so strong was because it existed mostly in secret. People would always wonder but they would never have real proof. It was something that they all agreed on, and with the way the Enzo was acting it was starting to cast a light on the Italian Mafia that they didn't need.

It had always been a thought of theirs to push Enzo out, but they had no one to take the throne for the family, not while Liam was too young and inexperienced. So they waited, they accepted the light shipments and the sloppy jobs until Liam started his own small firm.

Soon Liam was getting most of the jobs.

They all knew that they needed to wait, that no one else would be able to rule that area, it was solely Raffaello territory and anyone that dared try to take it would meet with instant rebellion. This fear worked in Liam's favor, it made his territory secure until he was ready to take over.

He was twenty-five now, he had been through enough in his life that the other Don's thought it was time to arrange to move Enzo out. It wasn't a secret that Liam had no respect for his father or his father's reign. So it came as no surprise when he accepted the meeting with no hesitation.

Liam had been playing the other Don's like they were pawns in his own chess game.

They didn't know that he was the reason why the shipments were light and why things were constantly going wrong with his father's jobs. But Liam was a greedy man, and he had his fingers in numerous pies. He was going to take over everything, and he wasn't just stopping with his own territory.

Without even knowing, the Don's had let him into their homes, into their lives, allowing him to send in his own men to spy and gather any information that they could. If one was caught he was told to name Enzo as the man behind it all. Only one man was caught, and his father was blamed for the spy, losing even more of his influence over the other Don's.