Chapter Three

Liam sat at his desk; a tumbler of whiskey was set under a desk lamp shining a golden hue over the paperwork in front of him. Everything had gone as he had planned, the other Don's had all agreed with to Liam's assentation into his father's throne, and the instant dismissal of Enzo Raffaello as the head of the family.

Liam was glad that he wasn't the one that needed to tell his father that he was no longer the King.

That poor fool was going home in a body bag.

Liam's original plan was to head back to Italy and start his new reign as King, but there was something that was altering his plans. His eyes scanned over the paperwork, coming to rest on the picture that was attached... a new one.

Sipping the whiskey Liam flipped through the new surveillance photos of Rowen.

He hadn't had the pleasure of seeing her in a few days, but that hadn't stopped her from being on his mind. Normally anything that distracted him from his work was quickly sorted out and gotten rid of. Only with Rowen being the distraction, he wasn't in too much of a hurry to get rid of her.

Flicking through the pictures, his stomach rolling with the few that contained Daniel. He had never been jealous of someone before, and he would never admit it to anyone else, but he was jealous of Daniel now. The pictures weren't anything too intimate if he was honest; Rowen always seemed to be stepping out of his reach. His hand left lingering reaching for her, her face looking lost and detached.

"Got a fresh set." Carlos' voice almost echoed through the silent room. The only person other than Liam himself, that knew about his new obsession with Rowen Munroe. Carlos tossed down a white envelope with a smirk before falling into an armchair.

Liam sipped his drink, looking at the envelope, his brown eyes met Carlos' before he sighed and rubbed his face.

"This is ridicules." he snatched up the photos with a growl making Carlos chuckle.

"It is, but I've never seen you like this before Liam." Carlos smiled. "Makes you look human."

Liam paused. "It's that obvious?"

"Don't worry, no one else sees it, just me." Carlos waved off the concern that was clear on Liam's face. "No one is going to notice anything different with you because they're never with you when you stare at her photos."

"I can't explain it." Liam sighed, slowly pulling out the photos of the redhead that was currently causing him so much trouble.

"You don't need to," Carlos leant forward, his elbows on his knees. "Don't you remember the stories that our mother's used to tell us about meeting l'unico?"

"The one? Please, you don't think that I'm falling in love do you? Since when do I love anything?"

"That's not your mother and sister, not much. But when you meet l'unico you can't stop it from happening." Carlos shrugged. "Cupid's arrow and all that shit my friend."