Chapter Two

"Everything okay?"

"Everything okay?"

The innocent question hung in the air like an accusation. Rowen bit her lip, looking down at Lucas; she needed to get control of herself. He was just a man, nothing more, her reactions to him were grossly exaggerated and what she fought with the most was the submissive side of her nature wanting to reach out and curl itself around him.

Rowen had realized when she'd started having sex, that she was a little different. Sure she was like most women in this day and age and she was strong, independent, confident, and self-reliant. However, there was a side to herself that she had tried to smother, and that was the part of herself that was submissive when it came to males.

She wasn't scared of them; it was more like she needed their guidance when it came to her sexual nature. Away from sex, she didn't need a man to help her to anything and she liked the confidence that it gave her. This was why she had pushed her submissive tendencies away so hard. She didn't want to need a man to tell her what she had to do when it came to her own pleasure.

Daniel knew there was something different about her, they had already explored each other in a sexual way and he had commented on how she was so willing to follow direction. Rowen had played it off that she was just enjoying herself and didn't want to chance losing the mood by trying to take over something that was going so well. For some reason, there was a part of her that almost screamed that Daniel didn't need to know she was submissive.

She didn't trust him not to abuse that information. Which probably wasn't a good thing to think about your new boyfriend, but it wasn't something that Rowen could help.

The man next to her however good looking he was, scared the life out of her, but at the same time she wanted him, reacted to him in a way that she hadn't ever done before. Not only did he appeal to her physically, but he had somehow called out to her hidden self, and pull it violently to the surface.

There was something hidden behind his brown eyes, something that scared her and intrigued her at the same time.

Rowen shook her head, trying to keep it clear; she could think about everything else later, right now she had to focus.

"Everything's fine, just trying to find something that's all." She couldn't bring herself look at Daniel. Not while her thoughts were tumbling over the stupidly attractive male next to her...

I mean really... did he need to be that good looking?

Rowen almost laughed at her own thoughts.

Rowen decided that the boy could deal with having just a honey sandwich she grabbed what she needed and balanced them on Lucas' lap before walking back to the bench.

As she walked past him she felt the tips of his fingers trail over her leg again, touching just above her knee. It felt like he was touching her bare skin, even though she was wearing jeans. She almost fell over with how that simple touch sent chills through her body; it sent her thoughts racing all over again with the idea of him touching her whole body in the same teasingly slow way.