Dinners and Manhunts

"Hello, Andrew's Photography," I spoke into the phone receiver as I sat at my desk, editing photos

"Hello, Andrew's Photography," I spoke into the phone receiver as I sat at my desk, editing photos. Ever since the studio opened, there has been a huge influx of people coming in. My name was becoming big in the photography world.
"Hey, Sweetheart," I heard Dad speak into the receiver. He must still have been at work or he would have shot me a text.
"Hi, Dad," I smiled a bit as I scrolled to the next photo. I only had twelve more after this, I could do it. This was my least favorite part of the job, editing, but it needed to be done. People wanted perfect photos, even if that meant using a bit of computer enhancing.
"Jughead, Archie and I are going to Pop's for dinner to celebrate something at work. Would you like to join?" My dad offered into the phone as I padded away at the keyboard.
I smiled even wider at the idea of dinner with those three. That would make my day, maybe even my week. I had been drowning myself in work so I didn't have to deal with everything.
"Sounds great," I responded happily, "what time?"
"In about an hour?" Dad suggested. Looking at the clock on my desktop, I saw that it was about 4:30. A 5:30 dinner was perfect.
"Great. I'll meet you guys there." I agreed and said goodbyes to my dad before I threw myself back into work.
Well, that hour turned into an hour and twenty minutes, somehow. I had gotten so deep into editing a photo for the Rodrigues' wedding photo, that I completely forgot where I was supposed to be.
I ran to my car and quickly found Pop's. Thankfully, the restaurant wasn't far from the studio, so I got there in about five minutes.
"Hi, everyone, so sorry I'm late I-" when I reached the booth, I saw FP sitting next to my dad. My mood and my smile instantly dropped.
"Hey, Mads," Dad smiled as he gestured for me to take a seat. "I ordered for you, hope that's alright."
"Totally fine," I waved off lazily as I slid in next to the two boys.
"FP, this is Maddy, my daughter. Mads, this is Jughead's dad."
Dad had no idea we knew each other!
I cleared my throat and gave a fake smile to my... what even is he? "Nice to meet you, Sir."
"You too, kid."
Kid? Sir? What the hell were we doing?
"So how was your day?" I asked the group, hoping to get the attention off of me.
"Great," Jug smiled, "really great. We did great stuff at the Blue and Gold."
I feigned offense, setting my hand on my heart. "You didn't think to call?"
"You're all busy taking pictures of pregnant woman," Jug teased and I rolled my eyes as I looked at him. I did one maternity shoot!
"Ok, Juggie. I was gunna bring y'all to work with me next weekend when I go into the city but never mind." I said loosely as I shrugged lazily.
"Wait, what?" Archie and Jug asked.
"I'm going in the city next weekend for a fashion shoot. I was gunna take them with for a few hours. Show them true art."
"That's sick!" Archie smiled widely as Pop walked over holding a tray of food. I could spot -and smell- the spicy chicken fried sandwich my dad ordered me from a mile away.
I avoided eye contact with FP the whole time, thank god. As Jug, Archie and Dad left, I was sat alone with FP, just for a couple moments.
"What are we doing?" FP asked me, lost, as he looked at me from the other side of the booth.
"You tell me," I said with a shrug to FP as I twirled the straw in my vanilla shake. "You're the one who told me not to parent your kid."
"I was drunk," FP said as he sighed. "I'm sorry."
I scoffed and crossed my arms, leaning against the back of the booth. Where the hell was he coming from?
FP sighed as he set his hands on the booth. "I know you were only trying to do the right thing. You want to help Jughead."
"I do," I said to him as I looked at him. "We also need to talk about the fact that you're still married."
"I'm not," FP said as we both hunched over the table to whisper. "Jug's mom took Jellybean with her. They went to Toledo. I haven't spoken with them in six years."
"So you're not married?" I asked him for clarification.
"Not in my eyes," he said and I nodded with a sigh.
"Ok," I gave a small smile as I stood.
"Ok?" FP asked as he stood.
"So I'm taking Jughead to the city next weekend," I said with a smile. FP nodded and I kissed him on the cheek before walking out.
"Damn women," I heard FP mutter as I walked out.

*****

Betty had called me the next morning, telling me about the manhunt going on to find her elder -and very pregnant- sister, Polly

Betty had called me the next morning, telling me about the manhunt going on to find her elder -and very pregnant- sister, Polly. I didn't know much about the situation, but I knew she needed my help. The groups of us were to search Evergreen Forest to try to find Polly.
I was planning to take wedding photos for a local politician and his fiancé in the city, which is where I was taking Veronica, Kevin, Betty, Archie, and Jug for a day trip. But I still needed to get parental permission to take the kids.
I'm not kidnapping any children!
I walked up to Alice and Hal Cooper after I spotted them across the forest through the trees. I had met Alice once unofficially after we all threatened Geraldine Grundy with exposure after she slept with my brother, but that was the extent of our reintroduction.
"Hello, Mr and Mrs Cooper," I said with a kind smile as I crossed my arms against the fall wind crossing against us. "I'm Madison Andrews, Fred's daughter. I've moved back from Chicago."
Alice gave me a small smile with an approving nod, and I knew that that's all I would get from her, but that was enough.
"Hi, Maddy!" Hal smiled kindly. "How have you been? How was Chicago?"
"It was great," I smiled back wider. "I'm glad to be back. I actually wanted to speak with you," I said.
"Is everything alright?" Alice asked me.
"I'm a photographer, and I'm traveling to the city about an hour away to take wedding photos for a politician and his wife. I was wondering if I could take Betty? I planned to take the kids and shop and eat."
"I think that would be great for Betty," Hal said, "Alice?"
Alice gave me another nod. "I'll get the date from Betty when it's all figured out."
I nodded again with a smile. "Thank you very much. Also," I said to the couple, "if there's anything I can do, for yourselves or Betty. Please don't hesitate to ask, I'm right next door."
I found Kevin and Veronica walking and talking. I smiled as I caught up with the two. I liked them. They were nice kids, even with the Jason Blossom mess going on.
"Hi," I smiled at them as we walked down the path. Veronica ignored me as Kevin flashed a smile.
"Veronica," I tried getting her attention. I didn't know what her problem was.
"What, Maddy?" She asked me, annoyed, finally looking at me.
"What the hell is your problem?" I asked her, my walking stopped as my arms crossed, getting irritated myself.
"Our parents are working together," Veronica said, like that should answer my question.
"Should I know what she means?" I asked Kevin. Veronica was one for dramatics.
"Our parents kissed," Veronica added.
"Excuse me?!" My jaw dropped as I looked at the teen girl. "Are you serious?!"
I set my hand in my hair in shock. "Look, whatever. I'm going to the city for some photos. Are you kids in for a day trip or not?"
The kids nodded and I turned to look at Dad with a pointed look. What the hell was going on in this town?