Baby Showers and Visits

Today was Polly's baby shower

Today was Polly's baby shower. I knew the girls all needed this and I hoped it helped them. I just... I was worried about Polly. The idea of her at the Blossoms didn't seem safe. Alice Cooper and Penelope Blossom in the same room was toxic, especially for the baby that the pregnant Polly was hoping would be accepted among the town.
The Blossoms were a different kind of people, ones that I knew I didn't understand, but I also never tried to understand them. Most of the time, they left me alone, and I left them alone. It was a sort of mutual respect. I attended Jason's memorial with the children out of respect. It was simply something you did when someone died. You put the grudges away, and you let it all go. Just for the day.
I walked into Veronica's and Hermione's pent house to see a mass of people already there. I didn't realize Polly knew so many people.
Betty greeted me quickly and I smiled at Polly as I looked at her.
"I'm so glad you're alright," I smiled as I took her into a hug, rubbing her lower back.
"Thank you so much for helping watch over Betty when I wasn't there to," She said as she pulled away. "It makes me less nervous about all of this, knowing someone watches out for my sister."
I nodded and gave her a small smile. "Of course, Polly." I saw Hermione wave me over.
"If you'll excuse me." I said to Polly kindly before walking towards the anxious Latina woman.
"Penelope is here. So is Alice. They're both here," Hermione said and my eyes widened as I looked at her, as anxiety pitted itself in my stomach.
"They both showed?! Jesus..." I trailed as I searched the crowd, and found the women in different corners of the room. "What do we do?"
"Keep them apart, and away from my fine china." Hermione instructed and gave me one last hopeful glance before she strutted away from me, hoping only for the best.
I found Alice staring at Polly from a distance as she nursed a glass of champagne.
Grabbing a glass myself from the table, I stood next to Alice.
"Does she know you're here?" I asked Alice as I crossed my arms.
"She saw me walk in," Alice said anxiously as she finished the glass. I handed her mine and she gave me a small and sad but grateful smile. "Satan and her disciple are crowing her. It's not a good idea for me to try."
Looking over, I saw Penelope Blossom, and her daughter, Cheryl Blossom. I sighed and looked back at Alice who had tears in her eyes as she looked down to her champagne glass.
"I made a mistake, Madison." Alice sighed. She could sense the shock I had oozing from me. Alice Cooper didn't make mistakes. And, whenever she slipped up enough to make one, she would never admit that it ever happened. That's just not who she was.
But I was proud she was growing. She was having a hard time. Her pregnant daughter, who's seventeen, doesn't want to see her anymore while her younger teenage daughter is barely keeping up with the changing world. None of us are alright, but we're all getting there.
"Have you talked to her since you've been here?" I asked her and as Alice downed the champagne, she shook her head.
"Penelope and Cheryl got here before me and I didn't really feel like setting the building on fire," Alice frowned as she slurred slightly. Clearly these weren't her first glasses of champagne.
After a few minutes, Alice managed to get time to speak with Polly. I was in the kitchen, taking over for Hermione so she could go see the kids.
I was pouring champagne into glasses for -mostly Alice- the guests when my phone rang.
It was FP.
"What?" I asked him.
"Are you ok?" FP asked.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I spoke as I topped off the last champagne glass before taking a sip from the bottle.
"Since your brother is down here at the Wyrm."
"My brother is where?!" I screeched as I slammed the champagne bottle down on the counter. "I'll be there in ten minutes."
Setting the tray of champagne glasses on the table, I found Hermione. At my flustered appearance, she walked over.
"Are you ok?" She asked me and I shook my head, my hand massaging my temple.
"I have to go get Archie. I'll be back." She nodded, knowing I wouldn't have left unless this was an emergency.
I just hoped Archie didn't piss off the wrong biker until I got there.

*****

Archie's Point of View
FP Jones looked at me with wide eyes as he found the group of us, his bikers tangled in fights among the bar.
"What the hell is going on?" He asked as he finished his walk down the stairs.
"Archie?" FP realized as he got closer. "Your sister know you're here?"
My suspicions rose as I looked at him, straining against the strength of his biker friends. "What does this have to do with my sister?"
"Never mind," he crossed his arms and set a hand on the side of his face. "Mustang, Axel, let the boys go."
The burly men released us as FP pulled out a phone. Unfortunately by the time I had time to think about who he was calling, Maddy's familiar car screamed to a stop as she hopped from the car.
"Archibald Andrews, get in that car and do not speak a word." Madison said to me as she walked towards FP.
Nodding, I got into the passenger seat of Madison's car as her and FP began talking. I didn't know Jug's dad and Maddy knew each other. I would have known, wouldn't I?

*****

Madison's Point of View
"Why was he here?" I asked FP as I crossed my arms, looking at him with tired eyes.
"He thinks our guys are trying to ruin your dad's construction service."
My eyebrow cracked up as I looked at him, before my eyes closed and I rested a hand on FP's chest. "I'm going to believe the answer you give me but I'm asking you to answer honestly. Are you trying to destroy it?"
I could feel FP tense and I looked up at him, removing my hands. "FP?" I asked again.
"Of course we aren't, Baby," FP took me into a hug and I nodded.
When I pulled away, I saw both Archie and Dad looking at me with a dropped jaws, and disappointment in their eyes.
How the hell did Dad find out? I sure as shit didn't call him.
"Oh no."