Chapter 6 : The Proposition

{Gaga's POV}

"Stefani....how...where..." Leo says shakily.

"I'm here for a concert...and you? Are the..." I pause. "Are the girls here?" I look around. He shakes his head.

"They're at home." He says.

"Excuse my interruption but Gaga we have an interview with Z100 in like 14.9 minutes we gotta go pronto chop chop!" Frederic says as he claps his hands and plays with my ponytail.

"Well uh...Leo here let me put my number in your phone and you can call me when you aren't busy. Maybe we could meet for drinks or something?" I ask

"Of course. I have to run as well I have an appointment soon. Here." He hands me his phone.

I start to type my number in but my name pops up. "I'm still saved in your phone..." I say, surprised. "After all this time..." I say , handing him back his phone.

"Oh yeah I guess I never deleted it." He says, smiling at me. We sit for a second before Frederic and Sarah both remind me I have somewhere to be.

"Bye Leo. I'll see you soon."

"Goodbye Stefani. I'll text you."

-------
{Angelina's POV}

"Rose...we gotta find out more about this whole situation..." I say, putting the dressing on my salad.

"Angie..just leave it alone. If daddy wanted us to know, he'd tell us. That was meant to be TOLD to us...not found out ..." I look at her in disbelief.

"I can't believe you just said that. After knowing all that we know..."

"Angelina." She cuts me off. "Forget it." She says, looking me in the eyes.

But I can't.

I have to know more.

————————
{Scarlett's POV}

"Angelina. Forget it."  I hear Rose say. 

"Forget what?" I ask as I walk out to the outdoor kitchen where the girls sit eating their lunch.

"Nothing." Rosalia says as she gets up and walks past me.

"Angie?" I say, sitting next to her on the barstool and putting my hand on her back.

"It's nothing Scarlett. It's family stuff." She gets down off the barstool and walks inside after Rosalia.

'Family stuff' . I thought I was family?

———————
{Leo's POV}

My finger hovers over the 'send' button. If I send it I'll be opening my girls to something I'm not even sure they'd want to go into. Maybe I should've told them. A long, long time ago.

I hit send.

'Stefani. I'm free around 7 o'clock tonight. I'd be happy to pick you up and take you to dinner so we can talk. I have some things I'd like to run by you. Let me know. Leo.'

---------------------------
{Gaga's POV}

'Stefani. I'm free around 7 o'clock tonight. I'd be happy to pick you up and take you to dinner so we can talk. I have some things I'd like to run by you. Let me know. Leo.'

I read the message with such an eagerness once I see who the sender is.

"Why so hungry? Stalking my Instagram again??" Sarah asks, walking over to see what I'm up to.

"No of course not!" I laugh, scooting over to make room for Sarah.

"Who was that guy you were talking to earlier today? The one you cleared that path for?" She asks , taking some of the chips out of my bag.

"Nobody. Just an old friend." I say, clicking my phone off and setting it down beside us. I can't answer him with Sarah here. I don't want her to find out. Or anyone. Not yet at least.

"Well you seemed pretty set on talking to him. I feel like he might be more than just an 'old friend'" Sarah looks me right in the eyes. I never lie to her. I never lie to Frederic. I never lie to Natali, my mom, my dad, Tara, Asiel, ANYONE. But I have to. I'll tell them soon but not now.

"I promise. An old friend." I say, grabbing my phone and standing up to escape Sarah's laser eye contact. I go to my room to reply to Leo.

'Sounds good. I'll see you at 7 sharp. Don't be late. If I remember correctly, on time isn't really your thing.'

He answers almost immediately

'Don't worry. I won't be late. Text me the address of your hotel.'

'Will do. Can't wait to reconnect'