Chapter 8 : The Truth

{Leo's POV}

I feel the cold air nip at my back as I wake. I look over and see Stefani curled up, sleeping peacefully.

"Holy....shit..." I say as the events of last night flood my memory. 

[FLASHBACK]

"I want you to come home with me tomorrow morning." 

"A-are you serious?" Stef says, leaning forward more. My heart skips as she smiles.

"Yes, Stefani." I say pulling money out of my pocket. I put the cash on the table and stand up, pulling her chair out. "Let me take you back to your hotel." I say. She links arms with me and we walk to my car.

As we drive up to her hotel, I open the door for her. 

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning at 7:45." I say. She turns around and gives me that look. That look that takes my breath away. I don't know why, but I forget everything. I'm only focused on her. 

As we get on the elevator her lips crash into mine. We kiss passionately until the elevator opens on her suite. She pulls me into the bedroom. We fall on the bed.

[END FLASHBACK]

I look over at the clock on the nightstand. 7:28. 

"Shit." I mutter. I reach over and brush hair out of her face. She smiles and her beautiful green eyes flutter open. 

"Goodmorning." She whispers. 

"Stef, we've got to go. Pack your things." I say, standing up. The colder wraps around me like a blanket as I realize I'm completely naked.

I hear a giggle as I turn around and see Stefani biting her lip. She crawls over to me and pulls me on top of her. She kisses me and I moan, feeling her electric touch. My phone rings and I pull back reaching over to see who it is.

"Damn it damn it damn it." I say, getting off of her.

"What is it, Leo?" She says in her smooth as honey voice. 

"Nobody." I say pulling my pants on and running out the door. I close the door behind me and answer the phone.

"Scarlett, hey."

--------------------------------

[Gaga's POV]

"I can't believe I'm going to see my girls." I say, jumping up and down out of excitement. Leo is packing his things and we are heading straight to the airport.

"I'm sure that they'll be happy to meet THE Lady Gaga. Especially Angelina." Leo says, rushing past me. He's seemed extra anxious since we left my hotel.

"Leo, is something bothering you?" I say, wrapping my arms around him. He shrugs me off and continues grabbing his stuff.

"No. Not at all. We just need to go." He says, looking around the room. "That's everything. Lets get going." We rush to the car. "Flight leaves in an hour." He says, ushering me in the car.

---------------------------------

{Rosalia's POV}

"I can't wait until Daddy comes home." I say, dancing in circles(lol) around the room as Angelina reads her book.

"Me neither. He owes us an explanation." Angelina says. I flop down on my bed and roll my eyes. 

"Whatever." I say, rolling over to check my phone. One text in the group message from Daddy.

Boarding the plane now. Can't wait to be home.

Angelina doesn't reply. I look over at her.

"Angie, what if its not what you're expecting. What if you have the story wrong." I say.

"You saw the letter. You saw the birth certificates. You saw everything." She says, slamming her book down on her bed. "I don't understand how you aren't even the slightest bit skeptical." She huffs and walks out of the room.

---------------------------------

{Angelina's POV}

"Scarlett. Dad said he boarded the plane and he's excited to be home." I say plopping onto the couch next to her.

"Yes, thank you. I talked to him this morning but not after. You okay Kiddo?" She asks, putting her hand on my knee. 

"Yeah." I lie. She goes back to reading through her magazine.

"Hey Scarlett?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Do you...like Lady Gaga?" I ask.

"Yeah. She's alright. The meat dress was peculiar but I like her messages and outlook on life." She shrugs.

"What else do you know about her? Do you know if she's married or has like children or something?" I ask, even though I already know the answer. 

"No, I don't think so. Why?" She asks. 

"No reason."

------------------------------

(A FEW HOURS LATER)

{Leo's POV}

"When we walk in, I'll introduce you as Lady Gaga. Angelina will probably scream, cry, and hug you and Rosalia will probably just hug you and say hey." I say. I see Stef shaking in the passenger seat. She looks out the window like she's expecting to see them any moment. 

"We're about 3 minutes away." I say, trying to ease her nerves. It doesn't seem to work.

"Stefani...its okay." I say, reaching over to squeeze her hand. I see a tear roll down her cheek. 

"I'm sorry..I-I'm just nervous..." She croaks. I squeeze her hand again as I turn into our driveway. I punch in the gate code. 

"Here we are. Ready?" I say, pulling into the garage. 

"Ready." She says. I open her door and we both enter the house. 

"I-I'm going to use the bathroom." She says. I point at a door on the left and she enters. I hear footsteps as Angelina and Rosalia scream. 

"DADDY!" They both yell, jumping into my arms.

"My girls! I've missed you two!" I kiss them both. "I brought a surprise." I say. Just as soon as I say that, Stefani walks out of the bathroom.

"Hello." She says.

Angelina's eyes get so wide I don't know how they don't pop out of her skull. 

I hear her whisper something but I can't make it out.