T W O

their mother was concerned for the well being of her son... sons? this whole situation was too confusing for her to handle alone. after tyler's father passed when he was only 9, kelly has been the only supportive strong character in their life, and it was very stressful.

blurryface has been coming up more and more and kelly joseph did not know how to feel about it. when tyler was younger, blurryface came out rarely, once a year it seemed like, then after the car accident that had taken the life of his father, blurryface's occurrences transitioned to once a month, then from that to once a week, and now to the joseph family, it seems that blurryface is out multiple times a day.

it's a strange thing, a persona, a voice in your head, that is meant to protect you? blurryface's fight or flight instincts are almost nonexistent, he always seems to fight and never runaway. kelly nontheless loved him despite what his siblings said about blurryface.

how could you not help but love something that had the face of your son?

she held blurryface closer to her chest, running her frail fingers through his beautiful brown hair.

"you know I love you right?" she waited until she felt him nod. "and that you're also my son?" he sighed and shook his head, signaling tbe answer 'no'.

"kelly, you only love me because I have his face. you and i both know that i've been nothing but a pain to everyone in this household." kelly is always in awe when she hears her son speak. tyler doesn't have the deepest voice, hell, if you hear him sing in the shower he can hit higher than anyone in their small house can. but blurryface's voice, was a deep, stern, gravely voice, yet very smooth.

"shhh, you have not-" he cut her off

"that's not what tyler and zack apparently think."

"well that's-"

"mommy?" jay, the youngest joseph in the household, stood by the door, hiding himself behind it slightly when be saw who was really there.

"yes, jay baby?"

there wasn't a reply. the house was silent for a food 30 seconds before blurry spoke up.

"he's afraid of me." blurry spoke softly. jay slightly peaked his head out to look at his mother. "i don't blame him, imagine seeing a monster who has your brother's face."

with that, jay ran away from that room down the hall to the bathroom. kelly grabbed him by the chin and forced her son to look him in the eyes.

"you're not a monster. and you are his brother." blurry looked at her, his motions becoming much slower. he was becoming much more drowsy, meaning that tyler was coming back.

"no, i'm not kelly, and you aren't my mom." he yawned and blinked slowly, eyelashes slowly touching then separating in an elegant way. "i'm about to go, but because of the way tyler's emotional state has been, i'll probably, most likely, see you tomorrow." his speech was slowing down and he leaned onto her for support.

"i love you blurry."

although he was still conscious and could clearly hear her loving words, he didn't respond and instead allowed his eyes to flutter shut. the black that once covered his body receded leaving a sleeping tyler in his mother's arms.

"and you too my little ty guy."