Next Day

I awoke the next morning as I heard the sounds of birds and horses wake for the new day to start. I sat up making sure not to move around a lot as I stared down at my leg that was still propped up by the fluffed up pillow. Its been a whole night and I'm surprised I hadn't turned into my horse form this morning, but I could only guess I hadn't changed because of my injury.

That could be it, but that's probably not the answer. Whatever it was, I hope it won't be a problem for me to go back to the herd. The herd was made up of the wild horses where they looked up upon the legend of the years being alive. Spirit. Spirit the stallion along with Rain, who once was owned and befriended by a native American. I remember being a tiny filly listening to Rain's stories and they were all good memories.

I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked over to the door where Will came in, he was wearing a black shirt with a horseshoe imprinted in the middle in grey font

I snapped out of my thoughts as I looked over to the door where Will came in, he was wearing a black shirt with a horseshoe imprinted in the middle in grey font. His blonde hair still spiked up as if it was natural. Alongside with him was a Collie who's fur was fluffed but smoothed it out. I showed a small smile as I blinked at the dog. 'Shep' I thought the name as Will sat onto the edge of my bed as he looked at my ankle.

"Its seems to being healing. Good thing we found when we did, or it would have been worse." Will smiled as I nodded and looked down Shep who was now standing on his hind legs as he sniffed at my foot as if curious on what had happened or who I was.

"Oh, this Shep. He's part of the Horse land ranch. My uncle and aunt own this ranch, and I just help out here, in the summer and after school." Will adds as I outstretched my hand as I stopped so I can get permission on the male dog. Shep sniffed at my hand before pushing his head towards my hand. I smiled and felt his fluffy soft fur. "So Will, is it OK if I get up and walk around the ranch. I don't want to be stuck in bed all the time," I asked as he nods.

"Yeah let me go grab you some crutches and then we can get you up." He then leaves, as Shep sat where he was. I pushed myself back onto the pillow as I turned my head and spoke in a hushed voice for only Shep to hear.

"It must be weird, huh? To see a girl appear when the runaway horse disappeared. You want to hear the truth, gramps?" I say as I see him tilt his before barking at me. I knew what he was saying though.

"I'm not that old, miss. And the runaway horse did disappear before Will and Bailey found you on the edge of that cliff. But why do you say that as if you know a secret that I don't know?" He says as I looked at him before speaking and answering his question.

"Because I do know one." I smiled before looking up to see Will walking in bringing in the silver sticks that humans uses to walk around on when their hurt. I threw over the covers and carefully slid down the edge as Will stood there ready to catch me if I fell. I then took the crutches and leaned myself on to them as I hopped on my good leg as I took a few practice walks with the two sticks.

When I was good Will started leading me out, show me around the house. He showed me where the mess hall was, where the bathrooms were, along with the bedrooms of other students. As he led me towards the living room where a fireplace stood, a girl with black hair that was done up in a bun, and darker skin, stood with her arms folded as she saw me. "Hi there, I'm Molly," she greets as she holds out her hand for me to shake it. I took it carefully, trying to balance myself as we shook hands. "Hello Molly. I'm Luna," I smile at her.