Few weeks later

Its been a few weeks since my fall on that cliff. Also seeing my old friends. I have longing for the day to leave this ranch and ride off with out crying in pain. But now today is the day. But when I thought that. I was not thinking of falling for someone. And I mean a someone. A human in that matter.

Stupid! Stupid! I scolded myself as I sat onto the top level of the barn where the horses were in. My eyes were narrowed. I didn't plan to fall in love with Will. But I guess things happen for a reason. He taught me many things from contests to caring for a horse. While taught him many names of different horses could be named. Then also talking about what the meaning of different colors to flowers. Mostly roses. Around these parts there blue roses poking up here and there.

My mother was the one who named me, Luna. Because of my eyes. I was also born during the blue moon. The blue roses were also lit up by the pale blue light, where I had gotten my name. I sighed knowing soon I'll be home. I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear someone come up the latter. It was Sarah.

"Hey there you are! Everyone's been looking for you, especially Will." She finally sits herself down onto the hay as I sighed and looked down at my hands. No longer did I have the bandages on. I had shoes on and I can walk here and there. I'm finally starting to run. But now here I am thinking over my options that was now lying in front of my path that splits.

"I've been weighing my options on life. What should I do when I am finally let go? Go back to my friends or stay here and train? I've been running those thoughts through my head since last week" I told her as Sarah hums in acknowledgement as she looks down at where the other mammals stood eating as I shook my head. "You know I could tell you love him," she suddenly speaks and smiles at me. "What do you mean?" I ask as i narrowed my eyes at her. She laughs "Will of course!" she smiles and scoots closer to me. "You know I can tell he likes you, he blushes every time he sees you. It's quite cute in a way" she giggles at her own comment and sighed. "You know what you should follow what you think is right," she says before leaving.

Those words became stuck in my mind. Follow what I think is right. I mean my first thought when coming here was escaping. And now i can do that. Will the herd let me back in or will they leave me. My own mother still in that herd. Along with my father. They both were there waiting for me and here I am weighing my options of not leaving or leaving. I feel like it will be better if I left. This is my final decision. I am leaving tonight. I am better and I will be able to run, and besides tonight is the full moon which is better for me to see and run towards where my herd rests.

Time skip--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That night, I was sitting in the dining area eating away the soup that was served by Bailey's parents. I was sitting alone as Shep came running in and sat down at my feet as I looked down at him. "Hey old man, Well tonight's the night I'm leaving for good" i whispered to him as he whines at me and speaks.

'You know this isn't a good way to run away from the secret you kept from Will. He does love you. You need to tell him' He barks as I move my head down and pokes the tip of his nose. "And you need to shut up about my secret. It's best he doesn't know. And it's also best if people forget about me. A hybrid like me is not something to be happy and in love with. If he found out, he would stop liking me." I growled at Shep before getting up and walking to the kitchen to dump my empty bowl into the sink as I walked up to Will's room. I notice his room was opened a crack as I was about to knock but heard voices in there. I decided to look at what was going on. But i stopped when my eyes showed me something that i wished I didn't see. Sarah and Will. Together. Lips locked together. I shut my eyes tightly and turned away as Shep whines at me softly as I felt tears running down cheeks. I ran down the hallway as I ran out into the open air.

I hear the wind across the plain

A sound so strong - that calls my name

It's wild like the river - it's warm like the sun

Ya it's here - this is where I belong

Luna! Shep calls out as I hit the main road where I could change directly into my horse form now that the moon was out. I neighed out as I let my front legs hit the dirt ground sending up dust as I ran out of the ranch. My black hair flowing behind me as I enter the tree line. There I could hear the faint barks of Shep who kept calling out my name. His barks traveling with the wind as I kept running. This was it. This was my right choice. Just seeing that with Sarah and him. I knew it was all a lie, he never loved me. I bet he just wanted me to get better and just get rid of me. He never cared.

Under the starry skies - where eagles have flown

This place is paradise - it's the place I call home

The moon on the mountains

The whisper through the trees

The waves on the water

Let nothing come between this and me

Once passed the stream I took a hard left passed a bunch of large rocks where I could tell there was hoof prints from not to long ago. I kept running, following a bunch of bushes of blue roses that shone like a neon blue rose. I smiled knowing I was on the right path this was what made me. I was named after these and now they were calling me home. I kept going feeling my hoofs hit the grass as I knew then and there i was close to home and I was right. I hit a large green field as I went up the hill and cried out getting on my forelegs as I notice the herd was down below. The herd looked up from my commotion as they neighed back knowing I was home. I ran down the hill as Storm, Hugo, Amber dance, Zorro, Zalika, and Quest came running up to me as we all touched head together. I whined as i felt my own tears of happiness and sadness fall as I looked at each and one of them. We were together once again. No humans. No predators. Just a peaceful night as a herd. This is where I belonged.

Cuz everything I want - is everything that's here
And when when we're all together - there's nothing to fear
And wherever I wander - the one thing I've learned
It's to here - I will always....always return

Or was it?