Camping Gone Wrong

The sounds of gallops were sounded as we enter a large opening to where there were a bunch of space as there trees where people could camp there. The field was vast with rolling hills here and there. Will and his friends all headed to a large pair of trees that were by a large stream. There they could see the clouds reflection onto the running water. Will asked everyone to do their jobs on helping out. Sarah and Alma to work on getting the fire going, Bailey and Molly on the tents and Zoey and Chloe on the water jugs and Will will jump in if he has to.

Will was helping Bailey but heard the screams of Zoey and Chloe as they ran back and hid behind their horses as Will blinked at them. "What happened?" He asked as they pointed a shaking hand. "There's a mountain lion right by the river and we were keeping our distance away from it and it lunged at us, and so we ran." Zoey explains as they all turn to hear a growl of a mountain lion as the horses started to move wildly to get out of their rope to protect their humans, but they all stopped as a pale cimmarron sandy stallion got in front of their humans blocking the lion from the view of the humans.

The stallion also had friends. A very pale made with a white mane and white tip muzzle, then there was spotted made with a white mane, then there was stallion with the spotted coat as the mare and same as the stallion. Then along side them was the same black made that they had captured but it ran away. Luna.

They all neighed and got on their forelegs and kicked their legs as the mountain lion backed up and ran off retreating to the woods for safety from the wild horses. When the mountain lion was gone, the pale stallion with a black mane walked over to Will and grumbled as he bowed his head.

Will put his hand out but stopped to make sure the stallion would buck him but the stallion stared at him with his brown eyes. The other horses stayed together as the black mare stared at Will's interaction. She neighed at the stallion as he neighed softly back to her. He then pushed his head to Will's hand before giving a small smile with his hands. Once there interaction was over the rest of the horses followed their leader while the black mare stared at the group and bowed her head as she scuffed off some dirt before running off.

"Was that our mare?" Bailey asks as Will nods. "Yea it was," he smiles watching the mare.

Luna's POV

I ran close to Spirit who was in the front as Storm stared at me while we galloped back to where the herd was. Zoey and Chloe made enough shrieking when we were in our peaceful moments. The fillies and colts all playing around chasing each other while some of just ate and looked around to enjoy the fresh air of home. But once hearing those girls crying out the small ones ran back to their mothers as Spirit, Rain, Storm and I looked at each other and ran towards the noise of the screams. Once getting there, I notice the Horseland horses trying to get out of their ropes as a pale coated mountain lion growled staring at the humans.

My eyes swept through each faces until my blue eyes landed onto pale blue ones that belonged to Will. But I was brought out of my thoughts as Spirit advanced onto the lion as the rest of us did the same. Once the lion knew it was going to lose its growled and ran off back to the trees. Spirit then turned to Will as he bowed his head bit as if to let Will touch him to give him a little bit of trust. I walked up to him and huffed.

"Do you really want to trust this human?" I neighed out as Spirit looked at me before pushing his head to Will's palm as Will let out a sigh of relief as Spirit gave him a small smile in his gentle brown eyes. He then pulled away and looked at me as he bowed his head and backed up before turning and running off with Storm and Rain behind him as I was about to run with them but stopped when I looked up with my blue eyes and stared at Will.

My thoughts swirled around my mind as I had so many mixed emotions towards him. Longing, anger, sadness, and guilt rolled into one. I bowed my head and brought up one of my hooves and dug into the ground. Once I did that, I ran off.