II | granted.

The next day
Houston, Texas
_________

"They will say they made you, but they won't admit they broke you."

Jaimir looked at the slugs shining dimly in his mouth as he flicked his tongue over it. He smiled bright, nodding his head before turning to Linx.

"Yeeeah, I'm fuckin' with this." Jaimir told him, praising his work. "You fuck with it?"

Linx nodded. "Considering you snatched that shit off a dead nigga? It's dope."

"Well, it look better on me anyway, he wasn't gon' need it, nigga." Jaimir said with a shrug. "Anyway, what's next on the dilemma? Kase said something about a lick on the Ave or somethin'?"

Linx shrugged, looking at his partner of three years. Back then, they worked for a man named Kase who was big in the drug industry. Kase wasn't a thug, he was a businessman that was all about business that only sold to big and famous. However, sometimes things still got a bit messy and when that happened, he called Linx and Jaimir to clean up for him at a nice price. They were the "clean-up crew"; the only times they got their hands really dirty was when they were cleaning the blood off the ground.

It was New Years, which meant Kase had a lot of business to handle. Jaimir and Linx were on it.

"Why you ain't kicking it with ya fam?" Jaimir asked as they hopped in the white windowless van. "They ain't celebratin'?"

Linx shook his head. "Nah, I don't feel like being bothered."

Jaimir scoffed. "Nigga, it's New Years-"

"And we got work to do." Linx said coldly with a shrug.

Being that Jaimir didn't have any family, he envied Linx but if he didn't care then neither did he. "You should be happy you got fam to spend holidays wit', nigga. But I ain't pressed, where's the move?"

"He left a car in some alleyway, we gotta get rid of the evidence and shit." Linx told him before they walked back in the hotel, to the room, then left back out, carrying a large bag with blood stained rags and a whole body.

They carried the dead weight down the back stairwell and into the back of the van. Jaimir reached in his pocket and pulled out some cologne, spraying it on him. "Alright, let's bounce."

They called Jaimir and Linx the Come-up Boyz, mostly because they came up from corner rats to working side by side with the man himself. You never heard of them by their actual names and most probably didn't even know how they really looked because they were always in and out- but they were known. Because of these reasons, Kase always had them around. They were reliable and he liked that.

Pulling up on the crime scene, Jaimir got out first with his small 9mm gun, as usual, checking up and down the alley for any survivors or witnesses that may have called the police. He also checked to make sure it wasn't anyone around or trying to pop them.

"Clear." Jaimir announced before walking back towards the car. "What you looking at?"

Linx was staring down in the backseat of the car with confusion sitting on his face. He didn't answer when Jaimir called out to them so he walked up to see for himself.