IV | new ground.

August 2016
Houston, Texas
_________

"For the best revenge is to not want revenge at all."

Jaimir pulled over on side of the curb slowly, his black 2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class glistening under the moon and club lights as he parked. He looked back at Alyzai and gave her a nod.

"His name is Kelz, you'll know 'em when you see him." Jaimir told her. "He will most likely take you to that Comfort Inn joint, we will be behind you so don't worry about it, aight?"

Alyzai rolled her eyes before getting out. Last time was sworn to be her last time, but here she was walking into yet another club doing it again. She was tired of all of Jaimir's broken promises, staying in, not being able to go out, and the whole nine. She wanted to live normally and without consequence.

But that seemed impossible.

Tonight, inside of blonde, Alyzai was sporting a red lace-front wig that complimented her skin under the strobe lights of the local club. Her eyes flickered over the crowd, through and over, as she searched for tonight's victim- a light skin, golden-toned hazel eye god that would surely have females swimming in his pool of money. Supposedly, Club Midnight was where he was rumored to be shooting dice in the back of VIP almost every Friday night.

Alyzai shimmied through the crowd, pelvises and all alike rubbing against her as she pushed through towards the bar. She needed a drink if she was going to set anyone up tonight.

"Um... one.. Vodka Tonic." Alyzai ordered, putting money on the counter as the bartender began mixing up her drink.

Alyzai looked around the dark club; men and women dancing in the middle of the room as others walked or sat against the bricked wall. There were stairs leading up to the second floor where people looked down from the railing with drinks in their hands. Purple lighting bounced off the walls to the beat of the music that screamed out from the speakers of the DJ booth.

She turned around, looking down at the small glass of fizzing clear vodka with ice and a lime dropped inside. Picking it up, she sipped from it and allowed it to burn down her throat a little. Her eyes looked up towards a heated stare she could practically feel coming from the railing of VIP. When she looked up, she noticed the physique that made up the man she was looking for- Lamar Richardson, Lambo in the streets. He nodded as a gesture to tell her to come to him so she got up smoothly from her seat and walked to the entrance.

Security looked down at her, a smug stare as the door opened behind them. "She's with me." Lamar said, reaching pass them to grab her arm.

"You got it." The big guy said as he pulled her in.

"You look as beautiful as ever... but before, I believe your hair was blonde, ain't it?" Lamar asked after the door closed, looking down at Alyzai with the drink in her hand. "Does ya boyfriend know I'm here?"

Alyzai rolled her eyes. "Does Kase know you're alive?" She shot back.

Lamar gave her a big smile, his strong jawline appearing a little wider as his teeth lit up his face. She'd know this man anywhere.

"Move, Alyzai!" Jaimir yelled, pushing her out the way as Linx shoved Lamar into the wall she had just been standing in front of. The whole time Lamar had been smiling right in Linx's face, which nonetheless pissed him off even more.