How Can I Help?

December 08'

People gathered to see the fall of the greatest villain in history. Their wrath, however, is unquenched as they begin to shout slurs upon seeing Lilian and her daughter walk to their limousine Lilian quickly covers Tessa's face with her hat as they enter the car. Lilian looks through the tinted windshield of their limousine as it quickly moves away from the flashes and angry mob that has crowded over the cemetery.

"Things will become challenging for us from now own" Lilian exhales deeply "Tessa I am sending you to boarding school until this chaos is settled"

"Wh-? No. I'm staying"

"That wasn't a request"

"Why must we hide mother? I didn't do anything. We didn't do anything wrong. Lex's trial hasn't even begun. I need to testify for him" Tessa's voice almost pleading

"That wouldn't be necessary. The public has already taken a side, obviously Superman's side"

"But he's a murderer"

"He's Superman. To them, the ends justify the means"

"That's not fair. Lex deserves a fair trial. I have to be there mother" Tessa protests

"I told you it's unnecessary"

"why?"

"—because you're a Luthor"

There was a sour pause upon hearing that statement.

"Tessa, No one will change their mind. The public wants to believe the narrative they expect from us, that Luthors are evil. We don't get second chances"

"So should we just give up" Tessa slouches on her seat

"I didn't say that dear"

Tessa's green eyes glow upon her mother's statement

"We're Luthors. We'll find a way. As we always do"Lilian smiles at her daughter 

Just then the car's engine explodes and the car swirls around uncontrollably. It crashes to the side of the road Tessa tries to open her eyes but her vision is blurry. She sees flashes of light, her mother's blood dripping on her forehead and then nothingness.

**

"Kara?"

Kara flinched a little upon hearing her name. She turned around to see Winn looking at her strangely.

"What's up Winn?"

"What are you doing?" Winn asks once more

"uhm, research?" Kara clicks her mouse and the screen maximizes to show the page Kara was looking at a headline from an article from a decade ago. Winn slides his chair to join Kara

The Tragedy of the Luthors

December 25,2008

Only hours after Lex Luthor's body was laid rest to the ground, another tragedy struck the Luthor family. Lilian Luthor, 43, and her daughter Lutessa, 11 were killed in a car explosion Thursday, Metropolis' CVS reported.

The Luthors were driving back from the cemetery to their mansion when their car's engine exploded slamming the limousine into a concrete wall. The car was engulfed in flames within minutes upon its crash. Police are still investigating the cause of the explosion.

The Man of Steel declined to comment on the case. The night marks the end of a nightmare for Metropolis as the Luthor family joins together in the Luthor 's Private Cemetery.