Chapter 4

It's been a week since the incident. Gilbert went to school on Monday and had to deal with all his comrade's questions. Only responding by "I hurt myself while working with my brother".

He was going in gym class, when he saw Matthew, timidly coming his way. Gilbert was about to leave, but Matthew took the sleeves of Gilbert's shirt to hold him back.

"W-wait a second, please..! I-I'm really sorry for what happened to you...I really am..." Said Matthew, looking down.

"Oh, now you're sorry? Oh, no! The poor little Matt is sorry for MY BROKEN ARM." Shouted back Gilbert sarcastically.

Matthew's head went straight up. His eyes were all watery.
" Don't think I wanted this....My brother found the note...He didn't want me to go. I didn't know he could sneak out of the house, like that. He just wanted to protect me."

" Oh. Because now you want me to pardon you or something? I got beaten up, Matthew. I went to the hospital." Said Gilbert furious, but still in control.

" Oh c'mon...Don't be like that. What do you think of...Going to take a coffee sometimes...?" Said Matthew a nervous smile on his face.

"....A coffee? Listen, I don't know what is your problem" Gilbert putted his finger on Matthew's chest, before continuing. " Don't talk to me. Never. Ever again. I don't want to see your face, anymore....You did enough, already."

Matthew was speechless, looking at Gilbert heading back to Gym class.
Gilbert on his side, was trying hard to not look behind him. He wanted Matthew away.
He had enough problems already, and seeing Matthew's face was really hard for him.
The blond's face was making him so regretful and sad, but also warmed his heart. And he began to really shame himself for that.

He then had to wait on the bench, for the rest of the class. They had to play basketball, but Gilbert had to stay on the side because of his arm. The class had to play outside, in the hot weather. There was a lot of basketball field behind the school, but the class was only using 2 at the moment.

"Ugh...I never thought I could ever be bored in Gym class..." Said Gilbert to himself.
He then proceeded to drink some water from the water bottles that the students always bring to the field.  Even if he wasn't playing, he was sweating a bit, and was really thirsty.

" Hey! Don't drink water, if you're not even going to play!" shouted one of the student, taking the water bottle from Gil's hand.

Gil didn't really said anything back, the guy was right, he wasn't playing.
And even if he was thirsty, the team had to pass first. And he respected that. If he was playing, he wouldn't want someone to waste water for nothing.

1h had passed, he then felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked behind him, to find Alfred, in a white tank top with some red shorts.

"You're not playing, buddy?" Said Alfred looking at the field.