Chapter 5

Gilbert was speechless, fixing Alfred in the eyes.

"What are you doing here?? If it's about your brother, I'm not the one who started the conversation." Said Gilbert while standing up in a hurry.

" I'm not here for that." Responded Al, showing the orange ball he had in his hand.

" What are you doing with, that? Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

" Nah, I'm skipping. I needed some fresh air. I didn't know you would be there though." Said Alfred, while sitting on the bench with Gilbert.

"Hum. What do you think you're doing?" Said Gilbert looking at Al.

" Ahhhh, c'mon. You look all lonely, here by yourself." 

" I'm doing fine. Can you leave, now?" Said Gilbert looking away.

" Argh, you're so boring! Stop being like that, I don't want to be your enemy, you know? You should relax a little bit."  Said Alfred getting back on his feet.

"Is this guy bipolar?" Was thinking Gilbert at the moment.
Alfred was acting all friendly to him for no apparent reason. But a couple of seconds passed before he understood why. Alfred was waving at the other players.
Some of them were in Al's football team and everyone knew Alfred in general.
He probably didn't want to look hostile in front of them.

" Hey, captain!" Said one of the players coming their way.

" Hey! How are you doing? I hope you're not too tired, because we have a practice at lunch break."  Said Alfred while ruffling the guy's hair.

" Of course not! I'll be there, but if you would excuse me, I have a game to finish." Said the guy smiling. He was about to leave when he looked at Gilbert and looked at Al again. " Hey, I didn't know you guys we're friend! That's cool!"

"Yeah, see you later dude!" Said Alfred with a big friendly smile on his face.

The guy then left and the match continued.
Alfred turned around to face Gil, again.

"Well, I'm gonna go. See you around, weird albino." Said Alfred heading to the last of the Basketball's field.

" Yeah, yeah. See you later, 'captain'...." Responded Gilbert rolling his eyes.

Alfred chuckled and then left. Gilbert was now alone again.
It was almost lunch break, and the bell was gonna ring in a couple of minutes.
The field Alfred decided to choose was pretty far away, but Gilbert could still see him dribbling with the ball in the Center circle.

"What the hell is that guy, doing...? Is he even going to play?" Was thinking Gil.

A few seconds passed of Al just dribbling, when out of nowhere, he started to sprint to the net and suddenly stopped at the Three point line.

"He's never gonna make it, he's way too far from it-" Said Gilbert with assurance, but he didn't had the time to finish his sentence before the ball went straight into the net.

Alfred jumped and with a perfect balance and arm precision, he had shot the ball right into the net, without even touching the square.

"You gotta be kidding me..." Said Gil completely shock by what just happened.

Some gasps from the players in Gilbert's class came up. Alfred on the other hand, didn't seem to hear anything and just ran for the ball and started dribbling again.
The rest of the period passed and the bell finally rang. All students started to pack up the material and water bottles. Gilbert couldn't really help, but stayed with the others until the end. When all the things were in place inside the gymnasium, all students preceded to go to they're lockers. Gilbert went alone, some of his comrades asked him if he wanted help, but he said he was fine. He opened his locker with his left hand, after a good couple of failed attempts. He was about to grab his lunch when two voices came up.

"Bonjour, mon cher Gilbert. Looks like you didn't bother to come say hi to your dear friends." Said a blond guy with long and soft hair, closing the door of Gilbert's locker.

" Yeah, I was occupied, Francis." Said Gil, showing his cast up high for Francis to see it.

" Oh wow. Did you fuck a girl too kinky or something? What happened to your arm, mon ami?" Said Francis laughing.

" Looks like the "kinky girl" didn't want to fuck, tbh" Said Antonio on the other side of Gil.

" GUYS. Mind your business. I didn't fuck anyone." Said Gil looking at his two friends.
"I got up into a fight with someone." Continued Gilbert.

" Ohh, into a fight?" Said Francis, eyebrows up. " You lost, guessing by how you look." He continued.

" Who was it??" Said Antonio now standing right beside Gil.

" Is it a girl?" Asked Francis
" Or a guy??" Said Antonio looking at the blond.
" Oooor maybe a transgender?? Who knows??" Said Francis, grabbing Gil's shirt.
"Maybe it wasn't someone...." Antonio looked down,thinking.
A few seconds passed until the two screamed:
" A GHOST."
They started laughing their ass out, before Gilbert grabbed his lunch and closed his locker into a sigh.
" C'mon guys. Enough. Let's go eat." Said Gilbert heading to the cafeteria.