Chapter 6

"Morgan,
, I forgot to tell you that your cousin Alexis is coming over for a few days. She is coming today- she should be here by this afternoon so if you don't have any plans to go out today that would be great." Dad said to me as he was fixing his tie while getting ready for work.

"Seriously Dad, you know I can't stand that girl. Why would you even agree to having her over when you know we dont get along?" I groaned.  "I am not in the mood to deal with or babysit a bratty 16-year-old with a bad attitude problem."

"She is not that bad Morgan." Dad chuckled.

"That is because you haven't spent much time with her," I said to him "She is not bothering you every second or taking your stuff all the time so you wouldn't know. Lexi is a brat; she is your niece Dad but you don't know her as much as I do. She is rude, disrespectful, stubborn and has a ton of attitude. Whenever she's around you she acts as if she's a total saint but that girl is Satan's span."

"Alright Morgan, now I think you are really exaggerating." Dad said to me.

"Exaggerating? You don't know Lexi well. Do you know that she only enjoys staying over here because you or mom does not impose as much strict rules on her like uncle Marvin and Thelma does?" I said to him. "And she's coming over here because she likes Travis from next door. I hope you and mom seriously plans to be here every night keeping an eye on her because like I said, Im not babysitting her."

"Don’t pretend that you weren't a teenager once and also have crushes." Dad said to me with a chuckle.

"Dad I was a teenager too but I was never a wild one. And I was certainly not a brat like the teens these days. I really can't deal with them.”

"How are you going to handle them when you become a high school teacher then?" Dad asked me. "You're going to have hundreds of them to deal with on a daily basis you know that right?"

*Good point Dad.

"Well maybe I should definitely reconsider and change my course this term then." I joked.

"Too late for that now isn't it? You're more than halfway there." Dad smiled. "Speaking of which, I sent the first half of the money for the first semester of this school year into your account. Tomorrow I'll give you your allowance, Marvin owed me some money that he's sending it with Lexi."

"Dad, thanks but you don't have to give me any allowance anymore. I told you that it is okay." I said to him.

I felt bad that he was already doing everything for me by himself and also giving me pocket money. It was instances like this where I thought about Kim's idea- finding a guy that was willing to help me out financially, but my main issue is knowing that having a sugar daddy comes with a small price to pay. One price that I'm not entirely sure I would ever be ready or willing to pay. So my main question is, was it possible to find a sugar daddy that wanted no sugar?

"Sweetheart, you lost your job and you're a young adult you must have little needs and wants."

"Dad, I told you that I am fine. I don't have much things that I need anyway. Don't worry about it you're already doing so much already." I said to him.

"Morgan, you're my daughter. Youre still my responsibility. I'm supposed to support you as long as I can and as long as you need it." Dad said to me "When I get old and cranky then itll be your turn to help in supporting your old man."

"You're totally right Dad," I chuckled "And as long as I am successful, you and mom will be my main priorities...Well that is until I have my own family and have to kick you guys out to a retirement home and then adopt two puppies."