Chapter 27

Hey guys, I know it's been a while since I've last updated but I've had a past rough couple of months. I had a lot of assignments and coursework that kept me busy most of the time. Then my aunt and her husband died three days apart and I took that a bit hard as well but I'm somewhat better now. It is exam time now, I have one last exam on Monday the 14th and then I'll be on holiday. This means that I'll have all the time to update and start new stories. I really appreciate all of my readers who stuck around during the period that I was off wattpad. I am back now so I hope you will enjoy this update.

Ps. Don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to hear your thoughts on the story.
**

"You can stop here." Aliyah said to me when we reached the corner just before reaching the school.

"What? Why?" I asked her.

"Just stop the car okay!" she yelled "This is where I'm getting out."

"Why? The school is just up there." I said to her.

"Exactly. That's the exact reason why I want to be let off here. I don't want to be caught dead driving into the school's parking lot with you."

"Fine," I said stopping the car "Why wait until we've reached this close to stop the car? You should have stop me and get out and walk minutes ago. Or better yet, why did you not walk straight from home?"

"Whatever." Aliyah scoffed before getting out.

I've decided that if Aliyah wants to be constantly disrespectful and petty, then I'll return the favour. If she wants to act like a spoil brat, then I'll treat her that way. I'm not going to fight her anymore or try to seek her approval. I've been trying so hard to build a civil relationship with her but if she doesn't want that then I can't fight her to and I won't.

I've been assigned to classes, a freshman English class and a junior. Those two classes were the classes that I'd be teaching and assessed from. Thankfully none of them were Aliyah's class, I actually wanted to stay out of her space as best as possible. I just don't understand why Aliyah hates me this much. So her dad is dating again, big deal. I'd probably understand if it were a case where her parents were like divorced or separated and then Sean started dating me, that is usually the reason why kids hate their parent's partner. They often get the feeling that the person has ruined all chances of their parents getting back together but that wasn't the case here.

Her mom has been gone for sometime now, she's dead and she isn't coming back, as sad or harsh as it was, it was the truth. So doesn't Sean deserve to date again and find happiness?
I understand that at times when you're a teenager, everything seem to get on your nerves and all but I personally believe that Aliyah was just being extra.

~|~|~

"I seriously think I'm in the wrong field of study." Kim said to me when we were having lunch.

"Yeah? Why do you say that?" I asked her.

"These students...I literally feel like I would fight the hell out of some of them." Kim hissed.

I couldn't helped laughing, I know Kim was serious because I honestly felt that way at times too.

"What happened?"

"These kids are the worst. I don't know if its the fact that I'm a young student teacher or what, but they have no respect whatsoever. The boys in one of my classes, they kept whistling and catcalling every time I turned my back and faced the board. And the girls have a lot of attitude." Kim responded. "I seriously wanted to drop the professionalism
act and start a fight."

"Kim, I know what you mean but you just have to try not to let them get to you." I said to her. "I've gotten some of that same treat in the hallway but not so much in the classroom. I'm yet to see what my next class is like."