Chapter 30

"Oh my God Morgan, it's so beautiful."

"Congratulations, I am so happy for you. It's really gorgeous."

Joanna and Kim congratulated me on my engagement as we met for lunch.

"Thank you guys." I laughed as they fussed over the ring.

After Sean engaged to me the other night, I was so excited I couldn't wait to tell them

"You know what this means right?" Kim asked.

"What?"

"It means you better think of an awesome design for my maid of honour dress because I only wear the best." Kim said causing us to laugh.

"Don't worry, I wouldn't be you wearing anything less than the best." I responded.

"So how did aunty Emma and your dad react to the news?" Kim asked.

"Mom was as excited as you guys are. Dad well he's his usual sarcastic self threatening to hurt Sean if he ever hurts me, but he was happy for me too."

"I know it's still early but have you guys decided on a time that you'd want to do the wedding?" Joanna asked.

"Not really but we've agreed to wait until after graduation to start talking about the details. Sean and I think it'll be a good idea to wait until I am finished with school before thinking about the wedding. That way we can have time to do things perfectly."

"Just remember me whenever you guys are ready to start making the plans." Kim said to me.

"How could I ever forget you?" I laughed.

"So you've told me that Sean's oldest daughter isn't too fond of you...How is she taking the engagement news?" Joanna asked me.

"I don't know yet." I said sheepishly.

"What do you mean?" Joanna asked.

"I mean we don't know how she's going to react as yet." I told her.

"Wait... She doesn't know?" Kim asked.

"No, we haven't told her as yet. We were going to do that tonight at dinner." I sighed. "I'm totally dreading the moment."

"You probably need to try get her to sit down and you tell her how you feel about her father and see if she'll eventually come around." Joanna said to me.

"She's been trying that for almost two years." Kim said. "I think you're going to need a different approach."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like try bribing her. Find out what she likes and buy them for her. Try to get on her good side." Kim responded.

"You want me to try to buy her acceptance or affection?"