Three: The meeting

Draco sat at the dining table, holding on to Hermione's hand. The conversation was very pleasant. When dinner was served, Draco had asked Scorpios to wake up his mum and ten minutes later Hermione came down. Draco was glad that she forgot her anxiety. She was more relaxed and was actually having fun. Elaina was holding up a conversation with aunt Mary with a very wide smile across her face.

It was only after dinner did things take a turn to the left. At least for Hermione. Everyone was sitting in the sitting room- except for aunt Mary and Jane who were baking cookies in the kitchen-when the front-door bell rang. Uncle Dave opened it. A few minutes later the rest of the family had arrived and were making themselves comfortable.

Hermione had said hello to everyone and then she spotted her three cousins sitting on the couch, with a cold look in their eyes. Yes, they weren't on good terms with Hermione, but they also weren't on good terms with each other. Hermione approached Christina first. She was her aunt Laurel and uncle Patrick's daughter. She was a red-head with eyes that changed color according to the lighting of the room. Her hair reached her mid-back. Hermione had always been jealous of the way her hair curled naturally and in a beautiful way. But she wasn't the same freckled girl who always loved drinking hot cocoa and discussing books, no, this was a different version of Christina. This one had a cold glare replacing her warm and soft look, and it didn't really suit her.

"Hey", started Hermione, a little awkward and shy. "Hello", Christina spoke up for the first time since she came. It sounded like she was forcefully saying it. Hermione then looked over at Lillian. She was her uncle Larry and aunt Lisa's daughter. Lillian had dark brown hair that was shoulder length, and her eyes were a very dark shade of black. She was wearing a pair of dark rimmed glasses. Her skin looked so soft though, well, to Hermione at least. She threw in a quick 'hello' by which she was ignored. And lastly Hermione turned to Tristan. She was her uncle Fred and aunt Lucinda's daughter. She had short brown hair that ended at her jaw line but it was thick and wavy. Her eyes were a blue-greenish color and her cheeks had a natural flush.

Tristan's cold glare wavered for a second and Hermione thought she could almost see something warm behind that look. Yes, Hermione knew that her relationship with her cousins was a bad one, but she was willing to fix it. She missed them and getting informed about her reunion only brought back memories, sad and happy.

She greeted Tristan and was greeted back. Then Hermione dragged her family over to introduce them. "This is my husband, Draco", she said pointing to the said blonde slytherin. "And these are Scorpios and Elaina, my children."

Christina looked over at Draco. He was hot, but not as hot as Don, her fiance. They've been together for four years and three months ago he finally popped the question.

Hermione had also changed. Although she wasn't blessed with an hour glass figure or long silky hair, Hermione still looked pretty. Scanning her, Tristan realized how much she's changed. Her girly figure turned into a womanly one, her eyes held a gleam that wasn't there before, her hair got tamed and now cascaded down her back in soft yet very curly curls. She was no longer a girl, she was a married woman with two children.

Tristan herself was married. A handsome young man named Marc. They had been married for a few years and unfortunately, we're still not blessed with children.

The air around Hermione and her cousins for the rest of the night was tense and awkward. Even during supper no one spoke a word, it was a very quiet meal, and after that everyone retired to their rooms hopping to catch some ever needed sleep.

Draco lay awake in bed. Hermione was in his arms, she was hugging Elaina. Scorpios was taking another room, the house was big enough. Elaina also had her own room, but she came in about two hours ago rubbing her eyes cutie-ly and complaining about a nightmare where bunnies with sharp teeth destroyed her sand castle. Hermione immediately took her in her arms and soothed her and half hour or so later they were both asleep. He looked down at them, a worried expression on his face. He had seen the exchange between his wife and her cousins and he couldn't blame her for feeling down. He was so angry at them but he understood, this was Hermione's fight not his own. And he would let her fight it, he was only there for support. Sleeping next to her, he remembered the time when she first told him she was pregnant with Scorpios.

Flashback(obviously):

Hermione sat on the couch, nervously chewing on her fingernails. She was currently sat at home, her and Draco's apartment, cuddling with a pillow. Yup, she was pretty nervous. A door could be heard opening. "I'm home!" Screamed a voice. Seconds later Draco walked in, putting his stuff away. He gave Hermione a peck and sat next to her. Immediately though, he noticed her state. "Babe, Hermione, what's wrong?" He asked his face contorting to a look of worry. She looked at him teary-eyed. And that's when he became even more worried.

"Draco......I need to tell you something." He nodded for her to continue. "I don't really know how to tell you this, and I hope your not dissapointed......I'm.......I'm pregnant." The moment the words came out of her mouth Draco's grip on her hand loosened. The Gryffindor princess looked down, ashamed. She had thought of all the possibilities, and Draco leaving her was one of them.

And then she felt his arms around her and she heard his laugh. She loved his laugh, it was beautiful and contagious. She felt shocked. "Your not dissapointed?" She managed to squeak out. He pulled away a little and gave her the most passionate kiss ever. "Are you kidding me? I'm over the moon. We're going to have a baby." He stood, picked her up and spun her around, all the while laughing and saying, "I'm having a baby with the woman I love, I'm so happy." Upon setting her down, Hermione gave him another kiss. "Thank you", she said as their foreheads came together. "No", he said smiling widely, "thank you." With a smirk he picked her up bridal style and carried her to their bedroom. And they showed each other how much they really loved one another.

End flashback.

Draco looked down smiling. He was so blessed. A loving wife, beautiful adoring children, supportive friends and most importantly, an amazing family. Yes, Draco Malfoy was truly blessed.