Epilogue

"Stop being a prat, would you!" Hermione slapped her husband's chest. She was in a rather foul mood and his teasing was not gonna be tolerated.

He gasped. "Mrs. Malfoy." He feigned hurt. "I can't believe you just called your husband a prat." She rolled her eyes, but smiled at his childish antics. She faintly wondered how someone could be so wise sometimes, yet so bloody childish.

"Yes, I did." She smirked at him. He smiled, and she wondered what she had gotten herself into. It was never good when he smiled like that. "But you're somehow married to this prat." He put his thumb and index fingers to his chin as if deep in thought. "I wonder why that is?"

She considered hexing him for a moment but thought against it. It was after all her son's wedding. She wasn't about to ruin the happy occasion by hexing the groom's father. "Fine." She said as she got up. "You're on the couch tonight." And walked away leaving a slightly stunned Draco behind.

Hermione watched as the people she loved gathered around and awaited the ceremony. She was happy for him, she truly was. He was after all her son, but the thought of him getting married was another stamp on the growing up passport and she couldn't fathom the thought of letting her little baby go.

"Hermione, dear." A rather pregnant Tristan came bouncing towards her. "Do you know where the flowers are?" A hand on her protruding  belly, she stopped to breath properly.

"Slow down Tristan. Now you know the wedding planners can take care of everything, that's what they're here for." She put a hand on her pregnant cousin's shoulder, and instructed her to take deep breaths. She knew Tristan was just as excited as she was, but she couldn't be pouncing around like that, especially not if she was due any day of the week.

Two years after the faithful reunion, Tristan and her husband, Marc, had finally gotten their wish. On Elaina's 13 birthday, Howard Flint was warmly welcomed into their family. Another two years later, they welcomed Annabeth Flint too. And now here she was, expecting her third child. Pregnancies were always risky for Tristan so she needed the rest. Plus, she did already have a planner for the wedding, despite her cousins' protest, she wanted everyone to relax.

"I know." She sighed. "I just can't wait." Hermione smiled sweetly. "I know darling, me too. Now off you go, go rest your feet." Hermione watched as she nodded and finally sat down.

Just as she was about to look for them, two figures approached. " Christina! Lillian!" She hugged them both as soon as they were close enough to do so. "You made it!" They laughed. "Of course we did." Said Lillian.
"We wouldn't miss it for the world!" Exclaimed Christina.

"So," Hermione began as she looked at Christina. "Is your husband here?" Christina smiled maniacally. "You better believe it. I dragged his arse down those stairs and into the car. Almost gave up half way, but you know me." Hermione chuckled. Christina's husband, Don, was such a cry baby. They had a fight a couple of nights ago and he swore he wouldn't come to the wedding if his 'lovely' wife was going. Hermione looked over at the corner where he sat grumbling. She once again, giggled. "You're so crazy."

"I know." She laughed, then excused herself as she went towards him. Hermione was pretty sure she was only going to tease him. "These two are so crazy, yet so cute." Lillian chuckled. Hermione nodded her affirmation. Merlin knew they acted like idiots half the time.

"And you", Hermione turned to her other cousin, noticing her lack of company, " no date?"

Lillian just smiled. "I'm a free soul Hermione, you know I cannot be bothered to maintain a relationship." Hermione laughed, she always said the exact same thing. Knowing her thoughts on the matter, she dropped the subject.

"Go get seated and I'll go check on Scorpios, okay." Hermione walked away, but not before nodding a quick goodbye.

__________

"You look sharp mate." Derek said as he watched his childhood friend smooth the wrinkles on his tux. "You think?" He asked, in a hesitant tone.

"Of course you do." Collin said and flashed his thumbs up as if to prove his statement.

"Hello boys." Hermione said as she entered. They hugged her and stepped out giving the duo a moment alone.

"You look amazing sweetheart." She said as she fixed his tie. She couldn't believe her little baby was getting married. Just yesterday he was taking his first steps, saying his first word, getting his first tooth. She could remember how hard it was when he first got his Hogwarts letter, she cried so much, even though she was proud of him. As her memories flooded her mind, tears pricked her eyes and she used the hem of her dress to wipe them away.

"Thanks mum." He smiled. Then he noticed her teary eyes and pulled her against his chest. "Oh mum, don't cry." He wiped her tears with his thumb. "This is a happy occasion remember." She smiled slightly and nodded. "I know sweetie. They're just happy tears." He chuckled slightly as he saw his mum smiling. He knew how hard it was for her, so he was thankful she was taking this better than expected.

She walked away, in order to check on everything and promised him to be back when the ceremony started.

_____________

Draco sat at his chair, hands intertwined with the ones of his lovely wife, listening intently. There he was, his little boy, becoming a man. He couldn't believe Scorpios was getting married, he was so proud of his son. And so happy he was able to turn his life around and have his beautiful children. Elaina sat on his other side, smiling cheekily, arms wrapped around her boyfriend. Draco's eyes roamed to them and he coughed slightly and glared at the boy. The poor bloke withered under his glare and Elaina shot her father a warning look.

Draco smiles innocently, he would let this one slip. The thought of some asshole-well every guy who decided to date his daughter was an asshole in his books-wrapping his arms around his sweet, innocent daughter bothered him, of course. But he pushed the thought aside, to later deal with.

"Do you, Scorpios Abaraxus Malfoy, take Jade Mabel Green to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish and to support and to respect?"

"I do." He smiled.

"And do you, Jade Mabel Green, take Scorpios Abaraxus Malfoy to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, to love and to cherish and to support and to respect?"

"I do." Jade breathed.

Hermione watched as her son kissed his best friend, well now wife. She clapped and cheered as everyone else did. He winked at her and she laughed, giving him a wink in return.

She looked at her husband, he was her best friend. They'd  come so far. She couldn't imagine her life without him. Despite their age they still bantered like teenagers and he drove her bonkers with his attitude sometimes. But she would never replace all those memories, not for the treasures of the world.

He tugged her close and pecked her. "I'm sorry for over reacting earlier." She mumbled into his chest. She felt rather than heard his soft chuckle. "It's okay, love."

Yes. She wouldn't have it any other way.

Hehehehe. I somehow got inspired to create this. It might not be-well-cousin centric, but I wanted to show this lovely little side of the story right here. I hope you like it. And don't forget to vote, comment and share, I guess.

Dear readers,
Even during storms, there's always a blue sky above. Even if you can't see it. Remember, the sky always remains and clouds always pass.

Sincerely,
RyanDragneel💙