Eight: Confrontations

harrypotterfan129 , this chapter is dedicated to you  for a comment that made my crappy day a whole lot better. 😘. And also dramionegal for comments that made me smile.

Hermione awoke, the sun rays disturbing her sleep. Her chocolate eyes fluttered open and closed, not used to the sun's bright light. She yawned, tears brimming in her eyes, her exhaustion causing her body to ache. Last night's memories came flooding into her mind, worsening her mood.

It seemed like every day, she was becoming more and more distant from her goal. It was frustrating her. She was, and still is, the brightest witch of her age. She could ace any test in a matter of minutes, preform any spell and do wandless magic. How was it that a simple problem between herself and her cousins can not be solved.

She was hit with a wave of pain, causing her to groan and rub her temples, all this pessimistic thinking was getting her nowhere and it was just giving her a headache.

She felt a pair of arms tighten the hold they had on her. She was so distracted, she couldn't feel them at first. Slowly turning around, she gasped as she looked into bright blue ocean clear eyes. "Draco?" She meekly asked, as if afraid that if she said it any louder, he would disappear. Or maybe he was a fragment of her imagination, she wouldn't blink, too afraid he might actually not be real. He looked at her, as his gaze penetrated her brown eyes. "I'm here." He said, his tone matching hers. Draco ran a hand through her hair, his hand resting on her cheek, caressing it.

What was he thinking? Of course Potter was right. He loved Hermione more than anything in the world. Looking at her, her drank her image up, her slightly bushy brown hair, her freckles that spread across her nose, her soft skin. He looked down at her hand were the word 'mudblood' was etched onto her skin, curtesy of his aunt Bellatrix. Draco had promised himself that no matter what, he wouldn't let her get hurt, it was a reminder, the scar, a mistake to never be made again. "But.......why?" She didn't have to continue for him to understand. He kissed her on the lips, savoring the way her soft lips felt on his.

Her eyes searched his for an answer.

"I am so, so sorry, Hermione. I shouldn't have done that to you. I am sorry." She leaned her head onto his chest, sighing. "I thought you were gonna leave me, that you didn't love me anymore." Her voice was shaking, eyes cloudy with unshed tears. He hugged her tight, her body melting against his. "I'm sorry, Hermione." And he was. He would repeat it a thousand times if it meant she would forgive him.

"I am just glad you're here Draco." She paused, then spoke. "Draco?"Putting his chin on top of her head, he answered. "Yes."

"Do that to me again, and I'll Avada Kadavra your ass." They both lay there laughing. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off Of Hermione's shoulders. Like she could finally breath again.

She wanted to ask him what was the reason behind his actions, but refrained. She couldn't care less, as long as he was here, as long as he was back, she was happy again. Hermione didn't think she could have gone another day without his kisses, his sarcasm, his overprotectiveness and, dare she say it, goofiness.

"I have a surprise for you." Draco said suddenly, breaking her chain of thoughts. " Guess who showed up." Hermione got up, entered the bathroom and started brushing her teeth. "Who?"

"Potty and weasel." Hermione laughed, putting a spell to tame her sleep tangled hair. She put some clothes on and re-entered the bedroom. "Stop being mean Draco, you guys are already friends." He scoffed, amused by the thought. "Friends? No. Long time acquaintances? Maybe." She rolled her eyes, knowing that even after all these years he wasn't going to start calling them his friends. "Whatever. Get dressed, I'm gonna go make breakfast and wake The kids up." Hermione pecked his lips then walked out, leaving a very relieved Draco behind.