Six: It's not that easy

"That was fun." Hermione looked at Christina as she took off her skating shoes. "It was", she smiled.

"Have you noticed Tristan and Lilly? They've been glaring at us since we left the ranch." Christina said as she exited with Hermione behind her. "Don't do that." The ginger looked confused. "Do what?"

"You know what I'm talking about." Hermione said as she entered the car. "Elaina, honey, seat belt on."
"Okay, mum."

They had left the ranch two hours ago to go ice skating. Somehow spending four more days at the reunion did nothing to fix Hermione's relationship with either Tristan or Lillian. Everytime she tried approaching them, they would leave or ignore her.

It was driving her crazy. And the cherry on top of the cake was the way Draco had been acting the past few days. She even woke up once to find his side of the bed empty.

She rubbed her templates as she continued driving. All this thinking was, surprisingly, giving her a headache.

"Scorpios. Have you talked to Jade yet?" Hermione asked Scorpios who was sitting in the back seat. It was only Scorpios, Elaina, Christina, with Hermione behind the wheel.

"Yes Mum. She says hi." Hermione smiled. Jade was a very nice girl, and she was more than glad she was friends with Scorpios. She loved her son more than anything, but he tended to be like his dad sometimes. Cold and distant, so he needed someone like Jade, happy go lucky. "Ohhhhh", Christina turned her head to look at Scorpios in the back,  "whose this Jade girl." She was raising her eyebrows, and a smile graced her lips indicating her delight. "No one. Just a friend." He said as he passed a hand through his blonde hair.

"Yeah right", Elaina added. She had a Cheshire smile. "That's why you two talk all night long, right?" Christina smiled. "Scorp and Jade sitting in a tree. K.I.s.s.-" and before she could finish, Scorpios placed his pale hand over her mouth to muffle the rest of her sentence.

Hermione looked at them through the rear-view mirror. It was fun to watch them bicker and banter playfully, but as a responsible adult she had to put an end to this. "Elaina", she gave her daughter a wink, "stop teasing your brother." Scorpios caught on and mock glared at his Mum. "Mum. Stop encouraging her", then he turned to Elaina, "and you. Stop being bloody annoying, Blondie." Elaina huffed. And they continued to fight over who was right. Christina and Hermione just smiled at their antics.

When they arrived at the ranch, they discovered that everyone had arrived, except for Draco, Aunt Lisa, Uncle Dave, and Aunt Marry.

It had already been a few minutes and everyone was dressed in their comfort clothes, when Draco and the others arrived. Hermione walked over to him, and leaned in for a kiss but he surprised her by avoiding it. "Hi." She put her hand on his cheek. "Everything okay?" She knew something was wrong, but she still had to ask. Looking deep into his eyes, she remembered one of the reasons she fell in love with him. They were mystic. One minute blue. As blue as an ocean's water. Everytime she looked at them she would feel like she was drowning, and fading within them. And the next they were gray. Stormy and cloudy. And you feel like you're getting swallowed by a storm.

"Yes. I'm okay." Something about his tone made Hermione think otherwise. She let him go though, thinking it wise to discus it later. She still gave him a suspicious look before going over to sit next to Aunt Laurel and Lisa. They spent the rest of the day drinking tea and conversing and before they knew it it was already half past eight.

Hermione looked over at a yawning Elaina a small smile gracing her lips. "Let's put you to bed." Elaina was too tired to fight over anything, so she complied. After tucking her in and a goodnight's kiss, Hermione exited the room. Then she came face to face with a sobbing figure. She realised, after looking closely that it was Tristan. Sitting on the first step with her head in her hands.

Immediately kneeling next to her, she put her hand on Tristan's shoulder. Tristan flinched, looked up and scowled. "Are you okay?" The concern in the griffindor's voice was apparent. "Sod off. Just leave me alone." She said as she placed her head back in her hands. Hermione frowned, confused. "Why are you doing this? I'm just trying to help you. You know Anna-" Tristan cut her off. "Don't talk about this like you know what's going on. I saw how you and Chris are on good terms. What'd you do, magically enchant her into forgiving you." Hermione shook her head, tears brimming in her eyes. "No, I-"
"Don't. This doesn't change anything, just know, I'll never forgive you." Tristan walked down the hallway and into her room, the door slamming behind her.

Hermione stood there, heart broken. It took all that she had not to break down and cry. After a few minutes of regaining her composure, she walked into her and Draco's bedroom and sat on the bed. She went into the bathroom and came out minutes later prepared for bed. Draco wasn't there. It seemed like every night for the past few days was the same. He would come after she was asleep,and leave before she awakens.

This was the other thing troubling her, his behavior was cold and distant. He hasn't been like that since the time Narcisa Was in the hospital. Those were a rough three weeks.

She just hoped that whatever was bothering him would get resolved. Burying her head in his pillow, she exhaled and hugged the pillow close. "I'm too old for this bloody mess." She heard her voice echo in the empty room. And a few minutes later she was asleep. A restless sleep. She could have sworn she felt Draco's presence, but everytime she opened her eyes she was faced with an empty room and bed.

So.............
What do you think? Honest answers.
Why is Draco avoiding Hermione?
Who is Anna?
And when are these people gonna make up?
I'll tell you.......next time!
So, on a more serious note, how do you find this story so far? Good? Bad? Let me know in the comments. Don't forget to vote so that my day can become better.

To all you readers out there.
Have an amazing day.
I hope you get whatever you wish for.
♥✌♥

Sincerely,
RyanDragneel♥