Chapter 4

Today is the day Kyle comes home. This house has seemed so empty without him. So when my mom woke me up early to go with her to get him, I had no problem getting out of bed and throwing myself together.

The hospital smell made me sick to my stomach. There were too many painful memories here. But all of that changed when I saw Kyle. Both of our eyes lit up and we were smiling uncontrollably. Of course, our brother sister moment only lasted for a minute it seemed like before Eric and Mason popped their heads through the curtain.

“Good morning princess!” Yelled Mason.

“Damn did you just wake up?”

“Good morning Mason and thank you Eric for making sure I was aware that I look like hell.”

I helped Kyle get out of bed and gave him a really big hug after I made sure he was stable.

“I’ve missed you Sid.”

“I missed you more. The house hasn’t been the same.”

As we were walking to my mom’s car I saw Mason, Kyle, and Eric whispering.

“What are you girls talking about?”

“Well if we wanted you to know we would tell you.” Snapped Kyle.

We all took our seats in my mom’s car and my mom turned on her country CD. My mom was usually the one to drive us around everywhere. We all could drive but my mom always wanted to take us everywhere. So when she turned on her country CD we all knew every song and sang at the top of our lungs. My mom loved it.

"How did you guys even get here?"

"We walked. How else would we get here?" Sassed Eric.

"You guys walked in the cold?"

"Yes obviously."

"Okay sass ass! I am no in the mood to deal with your sarcasm. It's too early."

“I will get us all breakfast. What do you kids want?” My mom interrupted.

At the same time we all yelled Sal's.

We stopped at our favorite diner and sat in our usual booth. It was almost like it was reserved for us at all times.

“Hello there! Can I take your orders?” The waiter was hot I must admit. He had sandy blonde medium length hair and facial hair. He looked like he was in his twenties. “We will start with you beautiful. What can I get you?” I did a nervous laugh and smiled at him. God he was gorgeous. In the corner of my eye I saw the look on Mason’s face. It was almost cold.

“I will have your pancakes with an omelet, bacon, fruit, hash browns, and potatoes.”

“Jesus Sydney! I know you look like a man but you don’t have to eat like one.”

“Hey Eric I can still kick your ass on the ice and off so watch yourself duster.”

“It’s good to be home.” Said Kyle with a deep sigh.

“Okay one grande meal for the lady. What are you gentlemen going to have?”

______________________________________________________________________________

Beep! Beep! Beep!

My alarm clock was going off at its usual time. It was a gloomy Monday morning and I was in no mood to go to school and deal with people. But I knew I had to. I got up and showered and put on my favorite jeans that hugged my hips just right and a fitted black long sleeve shirt. I let my hair go natural. It was extremely wavy today. I was feeling on top of the world.

“SID LET'S GO!” I heard my brother yelling in the distance. He always wanted to get to school fifteen minutes early to go hang out with Mason and Eric. I honestly have no idea what they do in those fifteen minutes. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs. Kyle basically dragged me to my car. He seemed really irritated.

"What's really up?"

"I am probably not going to be able to finish the season Sydney." My brother whispered.

"How do you know?"

"The doctors won't clear me." The rest of the ride was silent.

When we arrived at school Kyle and the boys went to go do their usual thing. I found some of the people I talk to occasionally and started a conversation. I heard a whole bunch of ruckus. I looked down the hall and it was Chad, Drake, and Dawn. They were being their usual annoying selves. I rolled my eyes and was just about to leave when I heard them say Kyle’s name.

“Yeah that hit will definitely cost Kyle.” Dawn was laughing.

“Dude it better! That was a pretty solid hit! And it was clean too. No one can do anything.” The voice belonged to Chad.

“I am just happy I didn’t get in trouble man. That hit could have cost me.

“Well it didn’t so get over it. It’s over and done with.”

I was definitely not liking what I was hearing. I marched right over there with no care in the world.

“Okay everyone knows it was intentional.”

“Oh hey guys! Look who it is. Sydney Keys.” All the boys laughed.

“Listen, I know you guys talk about me and I honestly don’t care what you think of me. I do not wake up every morning to impress you guys. But I do care what you do to my brother.”

“You should just stay out of it so you don’t get hurt. We wouldn’t want that now would we?”

“Chad I don’t care what you do to me.”

“Oh you will. I know how to get you and Kyle. You’re lucky Drake only gave him a concussion and cost him the rest of the season. We can make sure his hockey career comes to an end permanently. And don’t forget Sydney, we dated. I know how I can hurt you and take you down completely. I can tell everyone your secret at any moment.”

There was so much anger growing inside me. I could not control myself. Chad was the only person who knows what happened to me. Well Mason and Eric knew but not the whole story. I was so pissed that he would even bring that up. I couldn’t take it. I lost my cool.

“Go to hell!” As soon as I said that, my fist went flying right into his face. He fell to the ground and I started to continually punch him in the face. My adrenaline was pumping and I could not stop for the life of me. Suddenly I felt a pair of warm hands lift me off of Chad.

“Sid! What are you doing?” Asked Eric as he dragged me away from the scene. He gave me a really big hug and took a deep breath when he saw I wasn’t hurt. I looked back and saw Kyle and Mason talking to the tools.

“Leave my sister alone or I swear to God…”

“What are you going to do about it Keys? I took you down in one hit. You can’t touch me!” Yelled Drake.

“Just back off you guys. Let’s settle this on the ice. You didn’t have to get Sydney involved.” Mason calmly said to everyone.

“You think we got her involved? She walked her little happy ass over here and got herself involved.”

“Just stay away from her. Come on Kyle.”

They both walked over to Eric and I. They both looked upset.

“Sid please stay out of this. I can’t afford for you to get hurt.”

“Kyle I can handle myself!”

“There is no doubt in my mind but I just don’t know what I would do if Chad did something to you.”

“Okay. I just couldn’t stand around and let them do that to you.”

“Like you said, I can take of myself.” Kyle grabbed me and hugged me as if I were dying. “I love you Sid.”

“I love you too.”