Chapter 6

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a huge crash. I sat up immediately and looked for Eric. I found him stumbling toward the bed.

“What is wrong with you?”

“Sid it’s noon! We have to get you home!” I noticed he was holding his elbow.

“What’s wrong with your elbow?”

“I woke up and checked the time and saw how late it was and I spazzed out. Just please get your shoes on! We have to go!”

“Okay calm down! My mom knows I am with you. She won’t be too worried.” Eric threw a shirt on and literally pulled me out of the house and to his car. He drove kind of fast at first but realized I was in the car and slowed down.

“I am walking you in. I will explain to your mom.”

“You so don’t have to do that.” He dismissed my statement and walked up to my front door. My mom greeted us with a smile.

“Hello Eric! I see you are returning my daughter.”

“Good morning Lauren. I am so sorry she wasn’t home when you told her to be. It is all my fault. I am really sorry.”

“Oh honey don’t be sorry. You guys are eighteen. I just would like for her to be home at a decent time but I trust you guys so I am not too worried!”

“You are taking this really well.”

“I trust you guys! Now why don’t you come in and have some breakfast!” That is why I love my mom. She always gives people the benefit of the doubt and is just really cool about everything. Eric smiled at my mom and walked right in.

“Well look who it is.” I heard Eric say sarcastically.

“Don’t start with me. Not today.” I recognized that voice. I walked into the kitchen to see if I was right. I peered around the corner and saw Mason sitting at my kitchen table with a mug full of coffee.

“What has gotten into you boys?” My mom was totally confused. Obviously she had no idea they were fighting.

“What were you and Sid doing?”

“We just hung out that’s all.”

“You mean have a little “sleepover”. We all know what that means. Do you think I am stupid? I step away for a while and you are already pulling moves?”

“Mason, it’s not like that. We just hung out and she passed out at my house! I would never do that to you and you know it!”

“Mason we really did just hang out okay?” I said standing next to my mom. She was getting tense and didn’t know what to do.

“Sydney this doesn’t concern you! Why do you always have to get in the middle?” Mason yelled at me. I winced a little by the harshness of his voice. Eric noticed.

“Mason don’t you ever talk to her like that! Are you kidding me? I would expect something like that from Chad but not from you!” Mason got even angrier and marched right up to Eric.

“You just don’t get it do you?”

“Get what!”

“I have told you everything! You know how I feel about her!”

“I am done here. Mason I told you that I would never do anything to betray to. I thought you knew me better than that. Why don’t you go hang out with Chad and the other hooligans! That’s where you belong.” Eric started to walk away when Mason grabbed his shoulder and punched him right in the face. My mom started yelling and panicking. She ran upstairs to get Kyle.