TREIZE

ELLINOR WOKE UP the next morning for school, her mind somewhat at ease

And as she rose from her slumber and strode to the body length mirror that adorned the wall of her room, she couldn't help but notice the bags under her eyes were fading.

Ellie slowly walked up to her closet and threw on whatever she saw first.

She grabbed her backpack and her phone, she then slipped on her shoes and walked out the door so she could catch the bus to school.

The bus ride was boring, her only occupation consisting of Isak blabbing to her about his life. And as mean as it may have been she really had no interest in it.

Once arrived at the school she pulled her head high and walked through the school ground.

As she did that Chris watched carefully her every step, he wanted to yell at her.

He was angry with her, yet he wanted to hug her.

Chris watched as she disappeared through the doors of the place he had grown to hate yet love because of her.

He closed his eyes and ignored his thoughts, his friends around him growing concerned about him.

Ellinor knew he was watching her, but she hated him. She hated how he was a coward, how he didn't show up the previous night.

And she was tired of running after him, so she gave up, at least for now.

She quietly walked down the corridor, her feet heavy on the ground from exhaustion.

Her head stood high, giving the impression that she was strong.

Soon Ellinor reached her first hour, and contrary to what she had previously shown, her eyes held fatigue and her head hung low.

Her fellow peers stressed at the girl in front of them, the sight in front of them being a pitiful one.

Ellinor so badly wanted to tell them she was fine so they could stop analyzing her every move and expression but she knew it just wouldn't make a difference.

She sat down in her assigned seat, her arms resting on her desk. She laid her head on it as her eyes locked on the empty seat in front of her.

Chris' seat.

She shook away the thought and sat normally when her teacher walked in.

Ellinor would be lying if she said she remembered anything from the lesson. Her thought were just elsewhere.

The face of a familiar boy haunted her conscious and she wanted nothing more than to put end to it.