Chapter Four

Genevieve Gothel was selfish as she was beautiful

Genevieve Gothel was selfish as she was beautiful. Of course when your mother was Mother Gothel, the woman that tricked Princess Rapunzel into thinking she was her daughter and locked her in a tower so she can keep her magic hair to herself..it made perfect sense.

Genevieve was raised in a manor where she was a sophisticated villain to be, her mother always wanted her appearance to be everything. Mother Gothel tried to brush Genevieve's hair, hoping that maybe she got lucky and her actual daughter would have the same power but no such luck.

She sat in her room inside her tower home that was ironically an exact replica of her mom's old house. She causally read a book when she heard something outside her window and assumed it was one of the mischievous boys on the isle.

She opened it and saw Uma outside her doorstep, "Uma, what are you doing here? I don't like to be disturbed." Genevieve groaned.

"Let down your hair." Uma jokes which just gets her a glare. "I need to talk to you."

"Okay, we are talking right now." Genevieve says matter of factly.

"Just let me come up, and I'll explain more." Uma offered.

Genevieve didn't have friends, mainly because she felt as if the world revolved around her. But Uma was an acquaintance that she would usually find herself hanging out with around the Isle.

Genevieve have a slight nod as a "yes." And Uma made her way up the tower.

"Well now I see why Rapunzel wanted to escape this tower so badly, it's a dump." Uma cringes, looking around.

Genevieve paid no attention to Uma's ranting and continued to read her book.

"So what are you doing here? You never visit me." Genevieve raised her eyebrow.

"Well, I have an invitation for you by me." Uma smiled deviously.

Genevieve rolled her eyes, "Not interested."

Uma patted some dust off of a stool and sat down, "But you didn't even hear what it is yet."

"Doesn't matter...an invite from you always leads to major work."

Uma had to agree that she asked Genevieve to join in on a few schemes that's gotten her in trouble with her mother. Mother Gothel wasn't pleased at all and forbid the two from hanging out together.

"I need some more girls on my crew, and I don't know a more fearless girl I can ask to join." Uma proposed sincerely.

"What's in it for me?" Genevieve asks. This would make her Mother proud, that she's always looking out for herself.

"I don't know...evil schemes, respect, maybe get out of here." Uma shrugged.

"Well, it does sound interesting." Genevieve placed her book down and folded her hands on her lap. "Okay, but I'm not gonna be a first mate."

"Don't worry, Harry Hook has that covered." Uma smirked to herself.

Genevieve smiled slightly, she always found herself attracted to the pirate.

"Alright I'm in." Genevieve took out her hand and offered it to Uma who gladly took it.

"Welcome aboard."