Chapter Eight

|Jasmine Hook|

"Mal...Mal!!" I yelled, snapping Mal out of her daydream.

I gave her a concerned look, "You okay?"

"Um yeah," She flashed a smile. "Couldn't be better."

I was in the front courtyard, helping her out with her dress for some interviews. As the king's royal girlfriend, she has a lot of responsibilities now.

"You've been dozing off a lot, what's up?" I asked.

"Don't you just miss being on the Isle, wrecking havoc?"

This caught me off guard, to be honest..the Isle has been the last thing on my mind..living here. It has been absolutely awesome..well for me.

"I have a feeling someone is." I gave her a smirk as she looked away.

"It's just with all this pressure, I miss having fun and breaking rules...now I always have to smile and curtsy and act like someone I'm not." Mal huffed in frustration.

"I mean, you are the official royal girlfriend." I reminded her which caused her to roll her eyes.

"Please, don't remind me."

The paparazzi started to call her over and she sighed sadly.

"Let's get this over with."

I gave her a quick hug before she walked over by the statue to do her interviews.

I chuckled slightly of how much has changed. Before, Mal would hate to do this kind of stuff...but now she's doing it because she's in love.

I walked over to my locker to get some things for a class later when I felt a presence behind me.

"Jasmine Hook,"

I turned to see Carlos standing there smiling with a rose in his hand.

"Carlos DeVil." I replied back and took the rose in my hands.

I raised an eyebrow at the gift.

"Happy Anniversary, love." Carlos smiled and I hugged him as he kissed my forehead.

"You remembered." I giggled.

"Of course, I marked it on my calendar."

I gave him a peck on the lips, "How did I get so lucky in the boyfriend department?"

He chuckled and bit his lip, "If anything I'm the lucky one."

My phone beeped and I received a text from Evie.

Evie: Dress fitting time!

I rolled my eyes and put my phone back in my pocket and looked at Carlos.

"Go...I have R.O.A.R practice anyway." He kissed my cheek and headed over to the gym to get ready.

I placed the rose to my nose and smelled it. I smiled at the small gesture that Carlos did for me.

It was one of the many perks of Auradon living.

|Dominique Facilier|

I was walking with Melissa Frost who was one of my best friends that I made in Auradon. We both stopped to see Mal being cornered with cameras in her face.

"That poor soul." Melissa whispered.

I shook my head, "I know, attention must suck."