Chapter Twelve

The twins, Jasmine and Harry watched their mother pack her last duffel bag before sharing a scared look

"Mom, where are you going?" Jasmine asked, worried about the answer she would receive.

"Um, Mommy's going away for a while. She has some business to deal with but you're going to be okay here with your Daddy, okay?" Their mother, Emma, crouched down to her twin son and daughter while caressing their faces.

"Will you come back?" Harry tilted his head and gripped his mom's arm.

"Yes, one day I'll come back and we'll be a happy family again." Emma bit her lip, she didn't know what was waiting for her on her journey so she didn't want to make a promise she couldn't keep to her husband, kids, and most importantly her.

"We'll m-m-miss you, Mama." Jasmine stuttered with tears forming. This broke Emma, seeing her babies crying.

"I'll miss you too. Here." Emma says, and pulls out matching rings and placed them in the hands of the twins. "So you'll always remember me, and have a piece of each other whenever you're apart."

"Darling, the carriage is here." Captain Hook reminds his wife, who hesitates to get up.

"I love you, Jasmine and Harry." She kisses the twins goodbye as she walked out with her husband who was as heartbroken as his children.

His heart would remain dark until the moment his wife returns to him.

"We love you too, Mommy." Harry and Jasmine said in unison as they held hands, wearing their beloved rings.

•••
|Jasmine Hook|

Jas instantly snapped out of her daydream as she grabbed some necessary things for the Isle. She couldn't believe what she was actually doing, going back to where her nightmares were placed in. Returning to her brothers who wouldn't be so welcoming, considering they hated that she left in the first place.

But also leaving behind Carlos and the rest of her friends in Auradon.

Jasmine crouched down to give Tic-Toc one last belly rub before she left, "I'll see you soon, boy. Be good for Carlos." The crocodile snuggled up to his owner as a response which Jasmine took as an "I love you."

"Jas, are you ready?" Mal asks, carrying a small backpack that contained her mother and spell book in.

"Just one more thing." Jas pointed out and rushed to Carlos and Jay's dorm. She was able to get in because her and Dommi were given the only keys since it was their boyfriends' room.

Jasmine kissed the smooth white paper that was a note for Carlos, telling him that she was leaving and where she would be going so he wouldn't get worried. With a heavy heart, Jasmine closed the door shut and followed Mal to where the edge of the river stood.