Chapter 10

By the time evening had started to fall it was raining, generally seen as a weather that implies negative feelings and emotions, Norman felt the rain very much mirrored his mental state. Whereas else where the mood was different.

"So what books did you get?"

"Books? How do you know I didn't just get one book?"

"Because you're like me, a fellow book worm who was only in the book store because they had a sale on."

Due to the rain (Y/N) and MJ had taken shelter under a bus shelter. Both were waiting for their own buses to arrive, MJ headed in the opposite direction (Y/N) was.

"I got some more classics, along with a couple of Sherlock books. What about you?"

"I've got several manga book series at home and I was able to get the next couple of books."

"Manga's the one you read backwards isn't it?"

"Yeah, I had one friend who could never get the hang of it." and then (Y/N) remembered "Oh yeah I ran into Peter earlier with an old friend of his."

"Really? Who were they?"

"He was called Harry Osborn. But it was very embarrassing as he for some reason thought I was Peter's girlfriend."

"Harry Osborn eh? Must be stressful being the son of a guy who's biggest company lab just went up in smoke." But then MJ gave a teasing smirk "I could see myself shipping it though. After all you both are awkward geeks."

"Really!? We've only known each other for about eight days! As far as I'm aware you could still turn out to be an axe murderer!"

"How do you know I'm not? And scientists have proven it can take only eight seconds to fall in love."

Just then MJ's bus pulled up.

"Go on you've to get home." (Y/N) said lightly pushing her to the open doors.

"Don't worry I'll carry on teasing you by text."

"Oh come on MJ!"

As she got on the bus she gave a chuckle, having a new friend to talk about books with and tease at the same time was great. Giving a small sigh after the bus pulled away, (Y/N) glancing at her phone wondering how long her bus would be, only to find there was a traffic warning meaning her bus would be late.

"Great(!)" she mumbled under her breath.

It was dark and raining and evening had fallen, but like both her dads knew, despite Maurice being the worrying one, she could look after herself. About ten minutes passed as (Y/N) simply stood there, not daring to start reading one of her books in case she got it wet. And then someone joined her under the bus shelter, a middle aged women and man.

They were rather loud talking in big voices and laughing at their own cheesy jokes. But after a few minutes of their conversation passed they seemed more interested in (Y/N).

"Hey there sweetheart." the women started.

"Umm... hi."

"Where are you going?" the man questioned.

"Home."

"And where's home?" the women took her turn.

"Somewhere you don't need to know."

"Well home sounds boring to me, why don't you join the two of us? I promise we're a lot more fun."

As the man expressed his stupid offer he took a step towards (Y/N), allowing her to smell the alcohol on his breath, and when the women lost her crutch which was the mans arm she stumbled, obviously drunk too.