Chapter 22

"You're Spiderman."

"Yeah...."

"You're Spiderman?"

"Mmm hmm."

"You're Spiderman!"

"Yes! Yes! I'm Spiderman! But I don't want the rest of the city knowing!"

Hands on head (Y/N) turned away pacing again, step left, step back right, whilst Peter messed with his mask in his twitchy hands.

"I can't believe this." she stopped to face him "No in actual fact I can believe it! This all makes sense now! You running off during school, that 'Goblin' of a task when we visited the Avengers facility! Also you knowing Tony Stark, because no offence Peter you're smart but you couldn't make a suit like that. By the way just what fibres is it made of?"

"Ummm... I don't know myself." he stuttered caught off guard by the question.

She really was a textiles nut at heart.

"Like seriously, how does it have so many gadgets? How is it so skin tight? It doesn't look like its got elastane in it. And the fabric looks like its as strong as high tenancy aramid fibre, but its not as fine as that." she geeked out over his suit.

"It's also got heaters and I have an IA in my mask who I've called Karen."

"Shut up."

"Listen I'll ask Tony to tell you about my suit at some point. Hows that?"

"I probably wouldn't understand much of what he was saying but I'd find it interesting." she chuckled lightly, the two returning to their usual state. "But does your suit let you stick to the walls, like adhesive gloves or something?"

"That's another story."

*********************

"So... you got your powers, because you were bitten by a spider?"

"See! I told you you wouldn't believe me!"

Breaking out into a small giggle (Y/N) had to quickly correct herself.

"No, no! I do believe you, its just that I've heard a fair few stories, but none like that."

Giving a cute 'hmph!' Peter wasn't convinced. The two were still on the same rooftop having decided to ditch school for the day, Peter having to drop down into the street to buy a couple of sandwiches and hot drinks. He could now officially tick off buying groceries in his Spider suit off his bucket list.

"So what happened to the spider after it bit you?"

"It died shortly after."

"That's a shame, but probably for the best."

"Yeah." he shrugged.

With his mask still off Peter took a sip of his drink stalling, finally asking what he had wanted to since this morning.

"And what about you?"

"Me?"

"What about your wings? And you said you had powers...."

Giving a small sigh (Y/N)'s gaze dropped to her legs which were dangling off the edge of the building.

"Yo-you don't have to tell em if you don't want to!" he flustered.

"No its alright, but be warned I'm going to show off."

"Hey, I've showed off about my suit." he gestured to himself.