Chapter 37

"ACHOO!"

"Bloody hell Spiderman!" Panacea jumped "Give me a warning next time!"

"Sorry..." He replied groggily, trying and failing to wipe his nose under the mask.

"Just count your life my stars we weren't sneaking up on a crook." She giggled lightly.

The same as most nights the two vigilantes were doing their evening rounds, after Spiderman had had that awfully odd encounter with the guy in the red suit.

"Yeah. I've been sneezing a lot this evening must have something to do that guy."

"What guy?"

"I don't know. I was getting into my suit in the alley and this bloke pops out of nowhere in a black and red suit and blew some pixie dust on me."

"Pixie dust?"

"Mmm hmm."

"By any chance did this guy have two katanas on his back?"

"I don't think so, I didn't get that good a look. He had a batman grappling hook though."

Panacea silently concluded that that wasn't the guy who cut her dogs lead those few months ago.

"Well anyway we should check down again."

"You got it!"

Slinging a web they both headed out again.

~ Saturday ~

"(Y/N)?"

Her reply was a drowsy mumble.

"(Y/N) I'm going to work now, hope your date goes well."

Bolting up (Y/N) was now guilt awake as she remembered what today was. She was going to go bowling with Peter, her boyfriend, this afternoon. Her first date. All of a sudden she got nervous and excited all in one go.

"It's not like it's any different to when we hang out building Lego and such...."

Her unnecessary panicking was interrupted by her phone vibrating. Disconnecting it from the charger unlocking the screen she saw she had a text. It was from Peter.

I'm sick

Those two tiny words disappointed (Y/N) but she couldn't deny there was a tiny twinge of relief.

How sick are you?

He replied in about five minutes. By which time she had started to get dressed and planning to head over there.

Quite sick. I've got a headache and I can hardly stop sneezing or coughing.
I wouldn't usually ask but could you drop some cans of soup over? May's gone to work. And I'll pay you back.

Of course I can! No pun intended! I'll be over there ASAP!

Now fully dressed (Y/N) stuffed her suit in a bag and got a couple of items from the kitchen before lightly jogging to over to Peter's apartment building. As usual it didn't take long, and it was the stairs that were the challenge.