Page 5

"All I can say is that my life is pretty plain." This is a line from one of my favorite songs, No Rain by Blind Melon. In the song, he speaks of having an average life. He drinks tea, and watches puddles gather in the rain. But the significance comes when he says he wants someone to save him. Save him from his plain life. All he can do is read to keep himself awake and he describes it as a great escape. But an escape from what? That is pretty simple to guess. He's trying to escape from the reality that he is alone. He is afraid of accepting he is alone when he sleeps, so he digs himself in a book. Depressing but just like him, we all long to have a significant other to be with. Some of us already have that person, some of us think we have that person but they aren't. I don't deserve anyone at the moment and all I can do is distract myself from that sad reality and leave my head in the clouds, "watch the puddles gather in the rain" and begin my great escape. What can you do when all you do is cause problems for others? The answers quite simple. Isolate yourself so you don't even have the opportunity to screw up. Simple. As. That.

A Regular Lifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें