His First Word / 2

Four-year-old Sawada Tsunayoshi wasn't a normal boy. 

If other children yelled for toys and sweets. Tsuna would silently ask his mother through his eyes for a new book in Italian.

If children loved getting themselves dirty and playing tag. Tsuna would stick to the side, watching them a fond smile that held so much wisdom.

If children loved picture books. Tsuna would rather read Shakespeare and actually understand it.

If children's first word were 'mama' or 'papa'. Tsuna's first word was 'Reborn'.

- Line break -

Nana sighed sadly as she looked at the picture of her and Ietmitsu. She missed him dearly even with Tsuna keeping her company.

She felt a tug on her shirt and saw Tsuna tugging on it. He was looking up at her with worry. Nana smiled and ruffled his hair, even though Tsuna was a young boy, he somehow understood how she felt. Nana at times would wonder why he would understand when she remembered the time she saw him staring off into the distance with a sad look with longing.

Nana never understood why her son would look like that but now she noticed that Tsuna wanted to show her something, so she followed him.

What she saw made her gasp in surprise. On the wall was a beautifully painted word.

REBORN

She didn't understand why her son chose that word but she knew since Tsuna was mute, this was his word. She cried. Cried tears of happiness as she hugged Tsuna.

"I'm so proud of you, Tsu-kun."

Tsuna just smiled as he hugged her back. He was glad that his mother is now happy.

Minna, would you be happy to see me?