Chapter 1

"Is he temporary or permanent dear?"
Jodha was going towards her room. But stops with his words.
"Who?"
Pratap started coming towards her from the window side.
"That one young fellow who dropped you home tonight."
"Oh Oldie (she called her grandfather Pratap with this name) he was just dropping me."
"Is he only dropping or have done something else too?" Pratap said with a sharp and serious face.
Jodha understand he have seen the entire sequence of the portico. She giggles with the most beautiful smile, which till now kills many of hearts. Coming towards him, she give him a sweet kiss on his cheek and hissed in her sensual voice, "Every kiss has its own meaning Oldie!! Good Night!!" with this she went to her room.
Pratap look towards her vanishing figure of his spoilt granddaughter. Her regular nightlife is now has become a horrible dream to him. After her parent's death in her childhood Pratap have given her freedom and love to do everything. Due to his busy business he can't even look towards her. So she has took that freedom for granted. Now he had enough of her negligence towards her life. He wants to hand coughed her immediately before it's too late to manage the situation. But who is the Petruchio of Timing of the Shrue"?
Next morning
Next day during the breakfast all of them were silent. Suddenly Pratap said,
"Let me know the Pedigree of that fellow?"
Jodha look u with this sudden question. "About whom?"
"Oh that handsome boy who dropped you home last night."
"Oldie you are still standing on the same stage?" she sips her glass of watermelon juice.
He avoid her indirect taunt and said, "No, there was another boy had to come, I think he survived for a very long time."
Jodha looks at her grandfather. She can't understand about whom he was talking? She had many boyfriends. One came and one go. And Jodha flows with them for her night out. After their expiry date over she pushed them to the recycle bin.
Pratap gave some description, "Tall, fair and yaa rimless glasses."
"Dhruv?"
"I don't know them by their name only their face. What about him?"
"bhaga dia, he started nagging yaar. Let's marry. Let's marry. Oh god!! You are with a beautiful girl. Others are getting jealous looking at you. Just enjoy the attention. No!! he started getting possessed by marriage ghost.. ssshhh!! So one day I said, boss I am not your cup of tea, so change your cup.' That's it game over!!!"
Pratap looked at her or a few seconds. Game!! How easily they can play with life. It's not your childhood kitchen game, where u loose you will lose nothing.
"I also want to play a game with you my dear young beautiful lady!" the last few words he said taunting her.
Jodha feel a strange mystery in his voice. Normally he did not talk in so much low tone voice. He always comfortable in his high pitched professor type voice. Scold her for her behave or lifestyle. He always say her with authority, don't forget, I am your grandfather. Your father's father.' She always enjoy n make fun of his lecture. It's been many days she didn't have any so called indoor war with her Oldie.. she missed it.
"What game?"
"You have to choose your life partner within next 15 days."
"Whaattt????" Jodha got her lifetime shock with his statement. She felt it's not like other time he requested, but its look like an order to her.
"If you can find your life partner within 15 days then all my property will be transferred in your name. If you can't all the money will go to my trust. And you will only receive a pension money for your daily need."
Jodha just going to say something, Pratap raised his hand to stop her. "If you give divorce to your husband within 5 years of marriage then also you will loose it. In the same way. And one more thing, I know you that's why I am telling you this. If you take a boy as to act in front of me as your husband. For that I will cut your monthly pension amount half."
"I am not going to play this game." Jodha said standing up from the chair.
"You don't have any other choice my dear granddaughter. I am going to New Jersey Today. After 15 days I will return. I want to see you with your life partner welcoming me."
Jodha can't say anything. In anger she stormed out of the dining room.
Till now Mohan standing behind the curtains. After Jodha's departure he came out. He listens ever words between them. By taking the empty plates from the table.
"yeh kaam kya acha hua bade saab ?"
Pratap smiled in heartily. Mohan can map his brain without any black magic or else. He himself was just thinking the same. Is the plan will took all this to right path?' *************************************** ***************************************
Closing her eyes Jodha lean on the bathtub. It's been three days. But still there is no response for that classified advertisement for need a groom column. The idea was one of her best friend Sonia's. "Find a boy who will completely dependent on you. Licence bhi tere hath me hoga, or tere saamne koi no-entry board bhi nahi hoga." She said.
It's Sonia, who suggest her to give a advertisement on the matrimonial column, with phone number and box no. Smart, good-looking, unemployed, kinless (who don't have relatives) groom needed. Age- within 32.contact with bio data.' Sonia gives her belief, "is someone get a house to live, a bed to sleep. And need to tell that he had a beautiful wife. What more they want? It will be a bumper offer for those boys. You will see, they will come all to you."
But nobody came. This offer might hurt all the boys' ego. They have only this problem. They can go for an unemployment pension. But still they can tell that they are living on his wife's money. She give some core saved slang to those unemployed egoistic males, then stoop out from the bathtub. When Jodha was in the bathroom, Mohan called her 2 times. Now h came to her and give her an envelope.
" ye dopeher ko aake koi de gaya hai bibiji"
She took the envelop in her hand. Mohan went away. A brown thin envelop, wit a white foolscap paper inside. Just like a Govt. letter. She open the envelop. A thin paper. On that bio data written in hand. With that a Passport size photograph. She look at the photo first. Disordered, bushy dark brown hair till neck, dreamy eyes. Like a 1970's Coffee House part time poet fellow type. My nightlife partners are much better than this dirt, She thought. The bio data written on a cheap price pen which licks its ink. And the hand writing is Masha Allah!! Only a doctor can write like this. Lines are starts from a place and finished in 4 cm down. No words are not clearly understand. Many places the ink smudges. She with very difficulties read the name.

Jalaluddin Muhammad.

"Hmmm Muslim!! No problem. In this position I want just only a boy be it Muslim, Christian, Jain or any tribal." Jodha shied. "Oh god!!
Kaha fasa dia!! "
She now look at the bio data hen again the photo. Its look like a boy with bad history but brilliant Geography. If its other time she didn't enven look at him. But now!! She remember the words, " You don't have any other choice my dear granddaughter"

She indeed don't have another option now. She called him and tell him to come tomorrow noon. Sharp at 1 pm.