Chapter One

It was a chilly Saturday afternoon when Jordan had realized that the milk had gone spoiled and her daughter ate the last of her favorite cereal, knowing she'd ask to have it again tomorrow.

Jordan sighed and threw out the milk. She walked out of the kitchen to find her daughter watching the Spiderman videos she had put on earlier.

"Kamryn, go upstairs and wait for me. We are going grocery shopping." The little girl looked at her mom with a frown on her face, Kamryn wanted to stay home and watch her videos.

"Okay, mommy," Kamryn sighed and got off from her seat on the couch and walked up the stairs with her doll.

Jordan watched her daughter walk up until she was no longer in sight and she reached over to turn off the television.

She walked up the stairs and into Kamryn's room where her daughter was sitting on her bed patiently.

"Did we run out of my fruity pebbles again, mommy?" She questioned her mother. Jordan nodded her head in response with a slight hum escape her pursed lips.

She grabbed a pair of black leggings and a baby pink hoodie.

"Here, honey," Jordan handed her the clothes and she got ready. She reached into her closet for Kamryn's pink Vans and put them on for her when she finished getting ready.

Jordan looked down at what she was wearing; a pink ribbed crop top and a pair of leggings. She loved matching outfits with her daughter.

"We're totally taking a picture after this." Jordan chuckled. Kamryn nodded her head in agreement, "you got it, mom."

They walked down the stairs and headed to the door. On the way out, Jordan grabbed her black Kate Spade shoulder bag and opened the door.

As she walked out, her hand shuffled around in her bag for the car keys. When she got it, she unlocked the car and placed Kamryn inside her booster seat.

"Since I made you leave, you can get candy. Just one though, okay?"

Kamryn cheered in the back as Jordan closed the car door and got into the driver's seat.

♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡

Jordan unbuckled her daughter's seat belt and Kamryn jumped out of the car.

She reached up to her mom's hand as they walked into the store, the cold air conditioning hit their faces as their hair flies back.

"We're gonna go get the groceries first, then we can get your candy." Jordan looked down at her daughter.

She grabbed a basket that was placed down by one of the aisles and they began to walk through the store.

"What are we getting first, mom?" Kamryn asked as she let go of her mom's hand to stick her cold hands in the hoodie's front pocket. She remembered her mom doing that whenever her hands were cold.

"Your cereal." They found the aisle then picked out a few of their favorite cereals.

Of course Kamryn was quick to get her fruity pebbles.

They then went to grab the milk and some juice as Kamryn suggested. As they walked towards the produce area, they heard a little boy shouting.

"Dad! Dad, where are you?" Jordan looked down at her daughter to see Kamryn already looking up at her.

"You heard that too?" Jordan asked her daughter. Kamryn nodded her head and they began to walk towards the little boy's shouting.

They stopped in their tracks when they seen a little boy with tears streaming down his small face.