Chapter 16

Thanks for being such an avid reader Lucifer646

Zach woke the next morning feeling stiff as a board, every muscle aching. He couldn't even bring himself to walk to school and had to bum a ride from one of his Dads. Once there everyone had a good laugh when they saw him try to nonchalantly ascend the front stairs without grimacing. Needless to say he'd failed miserably.

He went through his human classes dreading the afternoon ahead. He was tired and sore and he just wanted a day off already, but fat chance of that, it was only Tuesday.

After falling asleep in English he thought this schedule will be the death of me.

By lunch he'd noticed grudgingly that the guys were getting too much of a kick out of his pain.

When he entered the cafeteria for lunch to see them all watching his stiff movements with smirks on their faces, he began to throw his fries at them one at a time until the entire table burst out laughing including himself.

After talking with them animatedly and being ribbed more than a few times about the chaos of the day before he had to admit he was feeling much better.

He started having a modicum of hope that he just might survive his magical classes this afternoon.

When the bell rang to announce first period of the afternoon he was actually excited for first class.

So off he went to perform his own version of the Magical Macarena.

*****

Zach and Lauren hit up Ritualistic Dance taught by Eutie for his first class, where he promptly learned that having two left feet was a real thing. He tripped over himself and almost every other magical creature in attendance.

Lauren had had to laugh and say,' good thing they lived in a damp climate, because if they had to rely on him for a rain dance they'd all die of dehydration.'

He just thought, "Hardie har har . . . Everyone's a Comedian."

*****

Second period was interesting; he finally got to that Transmogrification class. Mr Alexeev their social Studies teacher was teaching it. He told Zach in no uncertain terms that he was to call him Adrik

And when he promptly turned into a bear Zach thought who am I to argue?

Lauren explained to Zach that Adrik was a Leshy, which was sort of a Slavic (Russian) nature Fae and that he can shapeshift into anything regardless of the size.

Zach could see that. When he told Lauren he thought Adrik looked like a 'wild man' who'd just stumbled straight out of the woods -- what with his wild and bushy beard and long disheveled hair.

She just got a dreamy look in her eyes and said, 'yeah in all the best ways.'

He'd just shook his head at that and thought "Girls!"

When he'd stupidly said to Quinn he was surprised he could shift without the full moon, he had said in reply,' I'm a skinwalker, Noob not a werewolf,' and unceremoniously growled at him threateningly.

Right Zach reminded himself touchy subject, steer clear.

Well needless to say he was glad when that class was over. Being there had only aggravated his allergy to animal fur and taught him not to say everything that popped into his stupid head.

*****

Lauren was the one to groan at the next class they went to. Zach wasn't too excited about it either given the near death experience he had had yesterday, but they had to visit the class sometime, and he guessed they wouldn't get away with 'better never than late.' So off they went to 4th dimensional psychics.